georgefromasda

expert ..... in nothing
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
art card
My Location
liverpool uk
I've had my dreambox 500s for just on a year and , I have to admit I never quite got a grip of it , so I'm calling it quits I'm letting it go with the 1mtr at sat dish and motor the lot .
when I had my ART card all was great , but all the messing with the keys and updating, I never ever figured it out
So I conceed defeat and going back to moaning about it .

So how much is a realistic price ? I dont want to use ebay if I can , So I think someone in Liverpool or Manchester area who either wants it dropped off or pick it up .

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
i found the keys crap but when sharing there pointless anyway for me. i just stay up all night flicking fthrough my 500s and still cant find anything to watch lol.

georgefromasda

expert ..... in nothing
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
art card
My Location
liverpool uk
I was using it for the friendlies (football) last week , but otherwise its totally redundant , im gutted as its got so much potential , If I dont sell it I may just attatch it to the tv in the Kitchen and watch FTA stuff (odd match music etc) its not as if its big or could get in the way :)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
dude i have the same model and i was the same, when i first got it i didnt know how to update keys or nothing, i didnt know about the software cams but thanks to everybody on this forum they helped me out big time.

if i was you id hang onto that, theres stuff you can do with it which you just need abit of patience with to solve it.

If you really want to get rid of it i have a mate who is after one and he could use it but seriously it has more potential than you think, if you need help with anything then send me a pm or if you still want to sell it send me a pm.

georgefromasda

expert ..... in nothing
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
art card
My Location
liverpool uk
Sharkadder said:
dude i have the same model and i was the same, when i first got it i didnt know how to update keys or nothing, i didnt know about the software cams but thanks to everybody on this forum they helped me out big time.

if i was you id hang onto that, theres stuff you can do with it which you just need abit of patience with to solve it.

If you really want to get rid of it i have a mate who is after one and he could use it but seriously it has more potential than you think, if you need help with anything then send me a pm or if you still want to sell it send me a pm.

hi
i set it up in my kitchen and for the first time it got right across the arc (10 right up to 28.2) shocking !!
its ok for some stuff , ill wait and prob put it back in my living room , i only took it out because i got a eurovox max v (great toy)

Rage9

Next Level L1nux
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDTV
Sky UK HD / Italy HD
My Location
UK
£50 for the box alone?

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
well this aint ebay so im not gonna start a bidding war but pm me the price you want for it and ill see what i can do

georgefromasda

expert ..... in nothing
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
art card
My Location
liverpool uk
Sharkadder said:
well this aint ebay so im not gonna start a bidding war but pm me the price you want for it and ill see what i can do

we ended up putting it in the kitchen tv ang got rid of the freeview box and its working great (for once)