I've just bought a MM and......

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi people, this is my first post even though I've been lurking for over a year and I need some help. My setup is a Nokia 95xx with DVB2000, 1.0m motorised dish so I'm not exactly new to this but my recent purchase of a MM ver 1.04 with penta 1.11 and a vx4fun progger with a funcard4 is giving me a right headache!
On 19.2 I can recieve the Premier channels, C+ and some of the ABsat channels (Mangas, Action etc) Net5, Yorin,V8 etc but I believe I should be getting a few more, BBC Prime and some XXX
for instance. If I swing my dish to Hotbird I can get sound but no video on channels like AB1, ABMoteurs and a few others. Hispasat
is a complete no-no with only the fta channels coming up, (if anyone has a similar set up to mine on every encrypted channel I've found,in the blue banner where you would normally see "crd" I'm getting the dreaded "sys")
On programming my card, I'm putting the flash file in the top row (code file) ignoring the second row (data file) and putting the Eeprom file in the third row (Funilly enough marked "Eeprom file")
Can anyone shed some light, am doing anything blindingly wrong or should I just be happy with what I can get? (Oh for the days of pcb pic cards and Keymaster proggers, I thought it was tough when triple des came out!)
Any help greatly apreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't help too much on this, but i presume that you are aware of the daily key changes on Hispasat, plus they sometimes take a few minutes to clear.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
A 6 in 1 card will normally clear Total Futball on Hispasat to indicate that it's working ok. As Rolf says though, code changes mean you have to keep re-programming the card.

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
After scratching around I think I have to update my firmware from DVB 2.00.0 beta 5 to beta8. Will let everyone know how I get on, thanks for the replies so far.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Can't help much either, sorry.

You must be right - the appropriate Nokia firmware is a key to success here, even though, may be not total success.

Lef data site (see info on every CAM in existance) recommends
Dr. Overflow's DVB 2.00.0 Beta08 Magic or
Dr. Overflow's DVB 1.82.00 Noonem13h

Good luck,

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi just a quick update.
Managed to borrow an echostar ad3600ip and the magic module works like a charm. It decodes nearly everything (with the right files) Still no luck with the nokia, tried noonem 13h but it locked it up had to revert to dvb2000 beta 8. Still I'll keep trying and will keep you all in the loop.

meldrew

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North West
digimac_uk said:
Hi just a quick update.
Managed to borrow an echostar ad3600ip and the magic module works like a charm. It decodes nearly everything (with the right files) Still no luck with the nokia, tried noonem 13h but it locked it up had to revert to dvb2000 beta 8. Still I'll keep trying and will keep you all in the loop.

Could you possibly give more info what the "right files" are?!

Meldrew

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Meldrew,

the right files are:
- either single encryption files (AU available for N*gra, Ird*to, Via*)
- well known 6-in-1 files from reputable "File guys", see for example Phill's files forum. Make sure you have the right cards, programmer etc and you use the latest release of the file. This is most poular option and I personally perefer Xamuh's (many thanks Xamuh!!!)

"Everything" means all channels that use v.1 coding systems.

Hope this helps?

meldrew

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North West
Nickolai said:
Meldrew,
I personally perefer Xamuh's (many thanks Xamuh!!!)
"Everything" means all channels that use v.1 coding systems.
Hope this helps?

Not a bad summary. Being an idle so and so I suppose I would like a list of all the programs one can get with a 6 in one on each satellite!!

I am learning fast however and am at the stage where I am more interested in the technicalities than actually watching the programs.

I have so far succeeded with files from DaveM. From what I could see of the Xamuh files there is a flash file but no eprom. Do i get that from somewhere else?

If all these people are producing 6 in 1 files I also wonder if they are all
producing exactly the same result?

You may recall the line from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - "who ARE these guy's" acknowledging the persistence of the pursuers. I am similarly awestruck at the abilities of the people who produce these codes and wonder just what qualities it is that enables them to to it!

Thanks for the advice. I am helping to spread the word!

Meldrew

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
meldrew said:
Not a bad summary. Being an idle so and so I suppose I would like a list of all the programs one can get with a 6 in one on each satellite!!

I am learning fast however and am at the stage where I am more interested in the technicalities than actually watching the programs.
Hey Meldrew, you certainly fit in here my friend. :)

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Meldrew,

Xamuh 6 in 1 files contain both flash (current - Mickey v. 4.40) called
Fun_6in1_AT90s8515_V4.40.hex and external EEPROM called
Fun_6in1+_24c64_receiver1_receiver2_ddmm.hex. One does not need internal eeprom for 6 in 1.

I guess, there is no real difference, unless the "file guy" does not update all keys but only specific ones. This happened to me on various files from various "guys". Also one might wasnt to choose the "guy" who does his updates most regularly.

Regards :cool:

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
The file that I find most success with is from Tony Doe's site. It's called JKF****** (where* equals the last date the file was updated) and downloads as eep6in1. It has three files in it, mickey4in1V43,
mickey_flash_V4.4 and ******_eep_6in1
I don't know what your system is but with my vx4fun I use V4.4 as the data file and eep_6in1 as the flash file and away we go. Scooby Doo anyone?

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Scooby Doo! My God that was in JULY!!! So old hat!
Right now am watching Vin Diesel in xXx (don't type that into Kazza, you'd be amazed at what turns up)