Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
(Copied from Mach1 site.)

>> J Image Manager - first public release <<
by the DB brothers
fully compatible with fwz. (Musicbob's_FlashWizard) and original .img files

Quote:
Here we go - please welcome jIM - The Cross Platform JAVA Image Manager for Dreambox!!!

Yes, that is true - the Image Manager that all of you were expecting is finally released. The DBBrothers Team proudly presents the first public beta of jIM.

Let's see some details about this revolutionary soft. Firstly it's all written in Java, and this means that jIM can run on all Operating Systems, as Windows (all flavours), Linux (all shapes - obviously no WINE needed)) and even on Mac OS.
All you have to do is run the file jIM.jar on a java console.
It's simply unbelievebale and this is only the beggining. Let's go and se the features of this amazing proggy:

First of all you will need to install it. Simply extract all files from the archive below and create a jIM folder somewhere containing the files. To run it launch jim.bat (Windoze) or jim.sh (Linux). You can also run jIM from comand line: java -jar jIM.jar. (Firstly make sure you have latest Java version installed on your machine, if not download it from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/)

jIM obviously can backup all kinds of installed images (from flash, usb stick, harddisc and even cf). It uses a new compression routine tha saves backups with a *.jbk extension.

Some may ask: "What about my old Flashwizard ™ backups?" No fear. I already told you that jIM is an amazing program. Yes, it can handle and install *.fwz files and even convert old FWZ backups that you may have on better compressed JBK files (up to 30%). On the other hand it can convert JBK files into FWZ ones (if you like to ... smile.gif ). Does it seems incredible? No it's not. Let's see how that can be done.
For converting backups you will need to manually copy the file com.ice.tar.jar that you find in the extra subdirectory onto the extension java subdirectory on you computer. To find where it is simply go to ? --> About and see where is your Java ext directory situated. On my Windoze PC it is c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_0.1\lib\ext:
...............................................................................................
http://www.mach1.ws/attachment.php?attachmentid=17318&d=1136596865
.................................................................................................

Untested by myself so I can not comment as yet. Tiggy.
.................................................................................................