Jeager 1224 EL with 1.2 Fibo

Snuffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystarcard,Fortec's life time ultra's, MaxPlus 2100's,Dreambox and a Tandberg
My Location
Amsterdam
Hi pride21

Nice picture of your 1224 what we talk about are the nylon clogh of the Fibo motor.

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DVR7000 - Egis Rotor - 180 cm prime focus dish -Chaparral Polarotor I Ku Wideband - Astrotel Precision 0.6 dB Quad Wideband LNB.
My Location
Italy
Snuffer said:
No problem if you have the info.

What aboy this system :
egis with extra rotor to scew complete dish the offer me this compleet with cable and egis controlbox.

I own an Egis Focus rotor and I am interested in this new extra rotor.

Where can I purchase it ??? I have not seen it at _www.egis.org !!!

Can you help me please ???

Thanks

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
hello!
there is no extra rotor,all types are the same,only the controller box is difrent,on the köln anga cable,a new egis motor has been relased for dishes up to 3,7 meter fullsize,but its to expensice for private person it coasts nearly 25000€ :)

on most of the antennas,you need a special adapter plate ,between the masttop and the egis ,to fix it,on the backside !

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DVR7000 - Egis Rotor - 180 cm prime focus dish -Chaparral Polarotor I Ku Wideband - Astrotel Precision 0.6 dB Quad Wideband LNB.
My Location
Italy
Sorry but you misunderstood me. I was not speaking about a different Egis rotor but I was speaking about the AUTO SKEW device intefaced between the rotor and the antenna in the Snuffer picture setup.

Since by now I am driving my Egis rotor with my Echostar DVR7000 and I can adjust the skew using a mechanical polarizer I don't have any problem in adjusting the skew from one satellite to another, but if I want to upgrade to a new receiver with HD or blind scan capabilities I can't control the mechanical polarizer and I need to use an universal LNB. Since the rotor is bi-axial in this case I need the auto skew device used by Snuffer to skew the antenna in order to properly skew the lnb.

The problem is that there is no mention about that device option anywhere and is not mentioned even at the Egis home page!

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Good evening!

since,analouge channels swtich off,Sat Autotracking
Signal optimeizing over Satsignal
,with only a digital signal is imposible with egis!

if you want to do this,you need a converter,that change the digital signal into analouge signal,so that the egis will "understand" it,like in the old analouge days!

this device is very expensice nearly 1000€!

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
Ahem, sorry Turok, but you have not yet undertood my question.
I do not need autotracking function to follow inclined orbit satellites with AGC.

Let me try to explain more better.

The EGIS Focus Rotor I still own is very nice and it works very well but it has the big problem of every bi-axial system. Since bi-axial systems are not polar mounts the LNB skew varies a lot when you move from one satellite to another so to override this issue you can operate the EGIS rotor just using a mechanical polarizer like a Corotor C/Ku or a Polarotor Ku (like my own) and satellite receiver like my Echostar DVR 7000 which is able to control the mechanical polarotor through a 3 wires cable (+5V, skew, gnd). The problem is: the Echostar is very nice but it's old and I need a new receiver with more feautures like HD channels support and blind scan support, but there is no nowadays receiver that support the control of a mechanical polarotor and the only way is to use an Universal LNB with fixed polarization H/V. But if you use that LNB with the EGIS Focus rotor you can receive well just one satellite since the others require a different LNB skew!!! The only solution is the particular motorized interface that Snuffer use with its Egis Focus which automatically skew the antenna by rotating it on its axis. However I contacted Snuffer and he told me that that is not a commecial product but is an hand made device made by a technician of his Country. I will try to get it as soon as possible since it is the only way to operate an EGIS Focus rotor with a Universal LNB and I thank Snuffer for his kind support. However I am still surprised that noone at EGIS think to directly manifacture such a device since it could be very useful for people in my situation.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
okay,i understand now!
there are to receivers,where you have also scew controll echostar,has the problem,that you can store the scew only for one satelite not for one transponder

for e.g i use the pansat 3500 from usa you can buy on ebay.com
when you need blindscan feature!
**.pansat3500sd.com/

a little bit easier to get,espasly in u.k,but long time out of prodoction is the manhattan plaza 450 or 500!
with enabled irdeto

with this receiver you can store,the scew for one transponder!

i also dont have this modell,i trying to find one,the plaza series is not easy to handle,espasy the lnb configuration itself,but the only way to solve your problem!
****.dvbhardware.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=95[/url]

price is very high!
also a nice feature the optical controll out put,where i can use on my Jager Smo36 for e.g.
if you need this,vbox 3 does also have one,but the manhattan plaza is the better way!
hope that helps a litle bit!
maybe the selfmade interface is cheaper,i dont know!
**.dvbhardware.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=95

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
The Echostar DVR7000 is OK for me for skewing purposes doing it by satellite is ok. The only problem of the Echostar is the lacking of the blind search that is very useful for a feed hunter.

About the Pansat 3500sd two questions: what about using it in europe with american firmware ? I knew there were several problem. Second: apart the need of using a VBOX to control the 36v since it is just a DiseqC model it has the BIG missing of a Common Interface slot !

About the Manhattan Plaza 450 or 500 or 550, please, stay away from them if you have a polarotor or corotor !!! I own a 450 and even with the latest software it has several problem with polarotor and wide band lnb:
- the blind search does not work correctly with wideband LNB since it works just on LNB1 and you have 4 LNB to set in this configuration. The skew is stored by LNB and NOT by trasponder so it is not possible to use it with the EGIS since with it the skew vary from one satellite to another as I said before. The + skew is related to V polarization and the - skew to H polarization complicating the situation with the EGIS that could even have - skew with V pol or + skew with H pol.
In conlusion the Manhattan Plaza ST series is a onderful piece of hardware with a terrible bad and buggy firmware for mechanical polarizer and wideband lnb users !!!

I don't see any receiver on the market that have all the features of my very good Echostar DVR7000 for EGIS and mechanical polarizer plus blind search capabilities and possibly High Definition support. These are sad days for feed hunter fanatics like me! Just a lot of commercial craps on the market and no professional quality serious receiver! :-(

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
sure the panasat has 36 volt conection not only diseqec and scew controll also!
3500 is older modell the newer one are the 6000 series!

production of all 36 Volt receivers in europe has been stoped!
the only way is to buy in thailand the dynasat F1,that has the conection you need,you get this reveiver only in south east asia menu language you can also change to ilalian or german very nice,i wondering why the never come to european market!

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
No, the 36v motor is not avalable in the pansat receivers models 2700, 3500 and 6000 (you can easly see what I am saying at their site), however 36v is not a problem since you can solve it by simply using a VBOX II interface. The VERY BIG problem for me is the presence of the mechanical polarizer +5v, GND, Pulse connections.

The sad thing is that the Pansat 2700 and 3500 have the mechanical polarizer connections with skew capabilities but they don't have common interface slot while the Pansat 6000 DO NOT have the mechanical polarizer connection and has two common interface slots.

It seems there is no way for me to get a common interface receiver with blind search and mechanical polarizer support apart the NON working well and buggy unusable Manhattan Plaza ST series.

Any other suggestion will be very appreciated.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
yes there is only conax slot integrated!
on pansat 3500 modell you can save the receiver setings and the programm setings to sd memory card blind search is very long first the h then the v position but you can save back with in secounds!
then the only way,buy in thailand the dynasat f1 +++dynasat.com

with this you have scew 36 v controll and ci what you need!
price aproxiemntly 130€ + shiping and tax!

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
I went to Dynasat web site but the F1 does not seem to have all the characteristic you are mentioning.

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
A very good and well working receiver with 36v positioner and Common Interface by now is the TOPFIELD 5000 CIP (Pro version). Very stable and usable, but it does not have Blind Search and/or High Definition capabilities.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
very good thx for the info,what is the difrence,in the pro version?
maybe there other 36 volt receivers,in the indian and south east asian market of unkown brands,that we dont know here in europe?!

paolik65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
There are three Topfield 5000 Digital receivers models: 5000 CI, 5000 CI Plus, 5000 CI Pro and only the PRO has the 36v motor and mechanical polrizer support. You can see it at Topfield web site.
***.topfield.co.uk

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
can this receiver also store scew by transponder,or only by satelite?