Just pushed Dick to it's limit..

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
No Smutty jokes please ...Dick being the name for my usals motorised TD88
lol
..I figured I'd push it to the endstop ..more or less ..and for the first time EVER I have locked 68.5 East ..
It wont stay locked ..
All or nothing ..
Anything up to a minute with no signal ...then a few seconds of lock ..only for it to vanish again..
But I did manage to maintain lock on 12562H (Viewsat mux) ..long enough to scan it in on the F15..
and again ..dificult to maintain lock long enough to get pictures..
Here is a couple of photos of Miracle TV ..just to prove I managed it..

Quite something for me ..as I'm barely clearing the semi detached which is masking some of the signal ..
No wind today to speak of ..so Why the variation..I'll NEVER understand this phenomena (happens on 66 East as well)..unless there is a distant obstruction up to 100 miles away as the signal clips the penines from the direction of East Anglia..

And the overall window has been very brief..
No lock at all atm ..in the time it took to type this.
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0025.webp
    DSCF0025.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0026.webp
    DSCF0026.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0027.webp
    DSCF0027.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF0028.webp
    DSCF0028.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 73
10 minutes later ..another tiny window opened lasting about 45 seconds ..so quickly snapped a few more screens ..
Appologies for the rapid shaky camera work..
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0030.webp
    DSCF0030.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF0031.webp
    DSCF0031.webp
    48 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF0032.webp
    DSCF0032.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0033.webp
    DSCF0033.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 61
well done --

to get this one from your location is especially well done .

i.v had temporary - fixed dishes on this sat from time and even on a 1.2 with clear line of sight the signal will rise and fade even in perfect weather .

regards .
 
That is so cool VS :) Its just rather a shame there little more than religious guff on the Euro beam :D

:-worship

No chance here - its well below the local horizon thanks to the hill opposite
 
As Nelson says ..the signal rises and falls very dramatically ..
Atmospherics ..
Signal lensing ?
A Wobble in Geo position ..who knows ..
What I can say is that I got a full 1 minute widow and locked 4 more transponders..
When it's good its really good 6db plus ..when it's bad it's non existant..
zero db
???
 
And this is why I have Dick on the back of my Dads house..
No chance with Tom (TD110) ..as it would certainly hit the semi at this elevation ..whereas Dick can peek through the gap
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • Dick.webp
    Dick.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 87
  • TOM.webp
    TOM.webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 87
Just to let you know; I am in read-only mode.

Not so much even as a Julia Gillard joke.
 
Tivù said:
Just to let you know; I am in read-only mode.

Not so much even as a Julia Gillard joke.
Ohhhhh ...go on then ..I know you want to ..
:D
 
My 68.5e stays locked but the variation is wild. I can have 12dB or 7dB at any given moment. My Eastern horizon is clear so I only blame the thickness of the atmosphere at those low elevations. I get a far more pronounced effect on 70.5e and 72.1e with the latter barely locking... can sometimes wait 10mins to get a lock but I have managed it. Below 1 degree elevation here on that one.
 
Vipersan said:
Ohhhhh ...go on then ..I know you want to ..
:D

Where's Harry then?
 
great results VS makes you want to try for other sats.
 
Topper said:
Where's Harry then?
Harry rarely gets a mention as he's located below Tom ..and currently doesn't even have an lnb ..
An old 60cm Famaval on an aging SG2100..
..he basically is there just as a backup.
 
Vipersan said:
Harry rarely gets a mention as he's located below Tom ..and currently doesn't even have an lnb ..
An old 60cm Famaval on an aging SG2100..
..he basically is there just as a backup.

Ah Harry Hasbin
 
Topper said:
Ah Harry Hasbin
Thought he was an actor in LA Law and Clash of the Titans?
 
The signal strength variations that you're getting will be due to varying levels of atmospheric attenuation along the signal path through the atmosphere I imagine . think of the miles of atmosphere that the signal is passing through.at those low elevations.Has anyone looked at the incoming signal with an anylyser? Can one actually see it above the noise?
 
Back
Top