KA reception is a no go so far for me

Ok ..aI scanned 9E with the DM600HD pro ..
appologies if the images aren't as clear as you'd like ..but it may give a more accurate picture ..
Yes the meter finds the same 10764 transponder ...but as expected no channels found in the stream ..
..but the numbers should be more revealing and accurate ..
I've even done a blind scan ...and speecy to look at ..
I just some of the images are clear enough

and this is using the same setup ..the ka lnb on a 65cm offset dish ....lnb at the focus
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF0002.webp
    DSCF0002.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0003.webp
    DSCF0003.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF0004.webp
    DSCF0004.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0005.webp
    DSCF0005.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF0018.webp
    DSCF0018.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF0020.webp
    DSCF0020.webp
    226.6 KB · Views: 52
In the second photo it shows quality 40% BER 4.00E-7

In the last photo it shows quality 40% BER 0.00 E-7 (Is that NO errors in stream)?

I can't really make out the spectrum photos.

IT DOES SEEM AS IF YOU ARE PICKING UP A BLANK STREAM WITH NO DATA, IF THERE ARE NO ERRORS.

There may indeed be a blank stream on the east scottish side. Can you pick up a stream ID or anything like that?
 
Correct ZG ...no errors ....no data on board ..ie a blank modulated carrier ..
As I said earlier ...it would have the effect of jamming the signal from Saorsat ..
I'll grab another snap of the speccy ..and I'll upload it in the next few minutes
rgds
VS

Ok this is about as good as it gets ..using macro on the camera ...and unsteady hands on such a tiny screen..

Maybe Saorsat are renting the scottish beam as well ..and leaving it deliberatly blank to stop anyone on the UK mainland ..inland picking up the signal ..
economic to them maybe.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0006.webp
    DSCF0006.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 58
I think it's time to sell the Ka lnb,:-deadhorse
 
Channel Hopper said:
A professional sat guy wouldn't use a Maplin dish ;)

There's got to be something wrong too. Especially with 80cm working in Belfast and a 2.4m working in Wales
 
zg3409 said:
Report of no signal on the isle of man with a 1.8M dish:
RTE Announce FTA Saorsat service - Page 145 - boards.ie

I think the guy is a professional sat guy :(

Hi ZG ..
Looking at the relative positions on a map ...
Like Fergy ..I'm a bit confused ..

There are definate reports of reception in Wales ...and the Isle of man falls with a similar radius ..
So reception on a big dish should theoretically be possible ..
Unless of course they _are_ using the scorrish beam to effectively shape the beam contour of the reception area ...to roughly follow the geographical outline of Ireland..
As I said by turning on the scottish beam and flooding that area with a modulated carrier with nothing on board ...would take a semi circular 'bite' out of the footprint ..making a dead zone over the Isle of Man ...and similarly Liverpool and Manchester would be affected.
I'm even more convinced now that its effectively 'Jammed' and somewhat deliberate.

Just out of curiosity ..does the chap in the IOM ..receive the blank unmodulated carrier at around 8db ,,where Saorsat should be ?
I'm guessing he does ..and possibly even higher than 8db.
rgds..
VS
 

Attachments

  • image bite.webp
    image bite.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 61
Channel Hopper said:
A professional sat guy wouldn't use a Maplin dish ;)

"The Large dishes used were a Andrews 1.8M and a Andrews 2M with C120 professional grade Norsat LNB. The smaller dish used a domestic, Eutelsat White Ka-sat LNB. Spectrum Analyzers used:
Promax TV Explorer II+, and A Rohde & Schwarz, sorry don't know the model." Skanco on boards.ie
 
excollier said:
"The Large dishes used were a Andrews 1.8M and a Andrews 2M with C120 professional grade Norsat LNB. The smaller dish used a domestic, Eutelsat White Ka-sat LNB. Spectrum Analyzers used:
Promax TV Explorer II+, and A Rohde & Schwarz, sorry don't know the model." Skanco on boards.ie

There is nothing on any of the posts from Skanco confirming he has, can borrow (or can use) such a system

_http://www.boards.ie/search/?u=472333&sort=newest

Please provide something/anything that verifies your claim, and that he resides on the IOM.
 
It's not my claim at all, it's Skanco's. Only passing on a report, no reason to disbelieve it, the Irish Ka spot is specifically designed not to overspill (very far) into Britain for good reasons.
I know the Isle of Man is not Britain, but the shape of the spot seems to omit it, but clip west Wales and Cornwall.
Anyway, I think chasing the Irish Ka spot in pretty much all of GB will prove to be futile, we will wait and see.
If it is possible, then so much the better, and I hope it is so.
Having said that, you're not missing anything special, I live in Ireland, and rarely watch it.
 
All rte show is copied ideas of english program's which are unwatchable to be honest
 
excollier said:
It's not my claim at all, it's Skanco's. Only passing on a report, no reason to disbelieve it,


Please provide a link to the quote


"The Large dishes used were a Andrews 1.8M and a Andrews 2M with C120 professional grade Norsat LNB. The smaller dish used a domestic, Eutelsat White Ka-sat LNB. Spectrum Analyzers used:
Promax TV Explorer II+, and A Rohde & Schwarz, sorry don't know the model."
Skanco on boards.ie


as I cannot see it on boards.ie
 
Here you go...post#2168

_http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77273829#post77273829
 
Thanks, the later posts are delayed from a general search of that board.

If he does live on the island I might blag a bed for early June ;)
 
I'd love to go back to see the TT again!

Sorry for going off topic.
 
2012-02-27 17.35.28.webp

just a couple of pics from my set up just outside Bangor,Gwynedd... I have a 1.2 visiosat dish,skewing the LNB seems to do no difference
..i'm wondering if a steel dish would be better than this fiberglass one.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-02-26 17.30.38.webp
    2012-02-26 17.30.38.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 2012-02-27 16.34.52.webp
    2012-02-27 16.34.52.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 2012-02-23 17.02.19.webp
    2012-02-23 17.02.19.webp
    336 KB · Views: 84
Circular polarization - therefore skewing the lnb is completely pointless
 
2012-02-27 17.31.57.webp

these pics should have been with the last post
 

Attachments

  • 2012-02-27 17.34.59.webp
    2012-02-27 17.34.59.webp
    141.1 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top