Kathrein CAP910

Torridtime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein Cap910
My Location
UK
Hello all. I have just joined the site. We have the above motorised Dish set up, on a motor home. We holiday in Europe. At the moment we only get a few News channels. Are we using this kit and not getting its full potential?. We don't mind paying fo a card. Also can we tune the dish manually and get better results. John

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi John welcome to the forum.

First you need to discover which satellite you are actually getting at te moment - Id guess its either 19E or 13E Have a look at this list and see if you can match up where the dish is pointing from the channels you are getting & the frequencies they are transmitting on

FlySat Sat List

Chances are you arent using c-band kit so I shall move this thread to a more suitable home once we have ascertained where you are on the orbital arc :)

Torridtime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein Cap910
My Location
UK
Hi Thank you for your reply. I am really lost with this. The top row of fixes have the satellites I tune to. The book with the Kathrien is useless. It does say that the receiver has two card slots. The dealer has really left me on my own. It has a 78cm dish, John.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France

Torridtime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein Cap910
My Location
UK
Hello. It’s been a long time since my last post. I would like to know if I can add Intelstat907 to the sat list in my Kathrein CAP910. Please.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
What is the model number of the receiver? Chances are you can add a new satellite, but if it's the BBC on 27.5w you're after then most likely the current receiver won't be able to access those channels, they are encrypted and we can't help with that on this site.

Torridtime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein Cap910
My Location
UK
Ozumo. Thank you for the reply, I was looking for a channel with sport in English, while in northern Spain and Portugal

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
A Sky Sports UK subscription will probably be the easiest way, you should be able to receive anything with a 'europe' beam in the footprints column: