Keys in Emu Interstar 8005 premium 2Ci

ZykoNews

Reaction score
Hi,

I'am new @ the satellite programming.
I would like to now how to add new key to my emu on
the Golden Interstar 8005 receiver i know to press te 0(zero) en then with (fav/epg ect buttons on the remote).

But what kind of keys can i put in the Emu or how can ik update de Emu?
I see hexfiles and binfile en just singel keys.

Can someone help me please? zykonews@hotmail.com

Thanks in advanced

Alan Pee

Reaction score
ZykoNews said:
Hi,

I'am new @ the satellite programming.
I would like to now how to add new key to my emu on
the Golden Interstar 8005 receiver i know to press te 0(zero) en then with (fav/epg ect buttons on the remote).

But what kind of keys can i put in the Emu or how can ik update de Emu?
I see hexfiles and binfile en just singel keys.

Can someone help me please? zykonews@hotmail.com

Thanks in advanced
You have to use the hex keys thats the ones with alphabets and figures. The buttons at the button of the CAS System menu will guide you how to input the alpha keys.

ZykoNews

Reaction score
Alan Pee said:
You have to use the hex keys thats the ones with alphabets and figures. The buttons at the button of the CAS System menu will guide you how to input the alpha keys.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Where can i find updated hex keys

thanks in advanced

Please mail zykonews@hotmail.com

kuztumz

Reaction score
hiya, again another newb, but am sick of buying all this stuff to not quite get it, could someone tell me how to put the k*y into my 8005 ci2, all i get is numbers, and i bloke up top said use 0 epg/fav, but cant seem to do it, as i said total newb, i think i got the info i need, but not how to use it :(

thanks kuz

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
do you have a null modem cable? just get the latest firmware, which was linked to from another email by andymachester and it does it all for you.

kuztumz

Reaction score
ok figured out how to change keys and pid, but am still trying to upgrade the firmware, this i am trying to sort out with the person i bought it off, does anyone know of a problem with mr rev cam and this receiver (interstar 8005 ci2) , as i get less on my new reciever than i get on my sky reciever, ok i think running of astra sat might also be a prob, but my terranced house runs west to east and just cant hotbird, as i said i am a newb but learning evry day, would be greatful for some to just show me the ropes on this, coz there must be something im missing, thanks for your replay Kuz

brewby

Reaction score
I have just got an Interstardsr 8005 ci2 with embedded cam and the way to change the keys is find the channel you want to watch (it will be black screen if no key)press 0 on remote on the screen you need to select the encryption type, then the package provider then if you have the correct key press the add key and add the key or you can edit one of the other keys already loaded, this info is from my sat supplier as it is not in the manual. I have yet to try it myself,will at the weekend though but you must have the right key for the provider of the channel.
Best of luck
found this pic of the key setup on receiver (see attachement)

bypassall

Reaction score
It isn't specifically a firmware problem, it is a transponder/channel list problem.

I fixed it in Menu--Installation--Pin Code (default 0000), scrolled down the list of satellites to the one I wanted to update, pressed Vol> to move the selector to the TP Setup and pressed OK and scrolled down the list seeing which transponders were missing (I used http://www.lyngsat.com for the list) and added them manually. Once they were all entered, I simply rescanned.
Unfortunately, this can take a while (especially as I was also adding the feeds :p )

I am experimenting with pc-stb transfer software at the moment which should help speed things up in the future for keys as well as channels and have (hopefully) backed up my current files correctly :)

For anybody else stumbling on this thread, here's a picture of the key edit screen that appears after panning to a CA System and selecting a Provider Name then Blue to edit the highlighted key. More button pressing I'm afraid - damn that hex entry! :D

ZykoNews

Reaction score
bypassall said:
It isn't specifically a firmware problem, it is a transponder/channel list problem.

I fixed it in Menu--Installation--Pin Code (default 0000), scrolled down the list of satellites to the one I wanted to update, pressed Vol> to move the selector to the TP Setup and pressed OK and scrolled down the list seeing which transponders were missing (I used http://www.lyngsat.com for the list) and added them manually. Once they were all entered, I simply rescanned.
Unfortunately, this can take a while (especially as I was also adding the feeds :p )

I am experimenting with pc-stb transfer software at the moment which should help speed things up in the future for keys as well as channels and have (hopefully) backed up my current files correctly :)

For anybody else stumbling on this thread, here's a picture of the key edit screen that appears after panning to a CA System and selecting a Provider Name then Blue to edit the highlighted key. More button pressing I'm afraid - damn that hex entry! :D

Hi I updated my Interstar8005 thru Nullmodem cable.
Now it seems that i cant find de irdeto key page it is gone.

Is this a must if want to recieve de dutch channels??

Is mediaguard and irdeto encryption the same??

If not how can i get back my Irdeto key page?

thanks,

Alan Pee

Reaction score
ZykoNews said:
Hi I updated my Interstar8005 thru Nullmodem cable.
Now it seems that i cant find de irdeto key page it is gone.

Is this a must if want to recieve de dutch channels??

Is mediaguard and irdeto encryption the same??

If not how can i get back my Irdeto key page?

thanks,
The emu for the dutch channels on Interstar is Betacrypt. Irdeto = Betacrypt on Interstar emu. But you still have to add new Ids as they have added new Ids and are now using new set of keys. You can do this with your remote too if you know how to. Hard to explain here.

brewby

Reaction score
New software for the Interstar DSR 8005 2CI premium is out now, I have updated and it fixes Cryfra, works well with all the popular packages as well.
Get it from satexperts.net Its Turkish and you need to register but it is always the first with new software.

ZykoNews

Reaction score
Alan Pee said:
The emu for the dutch channels on Interstar is Betacrypt. Irdeto = Betacrypt on Interstar emu. But you still have to add new Ids as they have added new Ids and are now using new set of keys. You can do this with your remote too if you know how to. Hard to explain here.

Thanks Alan.

I am gone try to insert the keys in the betacrypt page.

Thanks

ZykoNews

Reaction score
brewby said:
New software for the Interstar DSR 8005 2CI premium is out now, I have updated and it fixes Cryfra, works well with all the popular packages as well.
Get it from satexperts.net Its Turkish and you need to register but it is always the first with new software.

Brewby,

Lol was trying to register to the website. After spend some time clicking buttons i can't read it finally worked but now i need to find the files i need but can't because i dont understand anything of that site.... :) .

please help.

I got a Golden-Interstar8005premiumCi2 receiver and also have en null modem cable to do the update operation.

brewby

Reaction score
ZykoNews, for the files you need, on the front forum page, scroll down til you come to GUNDEMDEKI RECEIVERLER click on Interstar thenyou have a page offering Alt-forum interstar, the files you want are on the Interstar Dosyalari link above English speakers section link. you will also need the multi loader from Golden Interstar website
Good hunting

ZykoNews

Reaction score
brewby said:
ZykoNews, for the files you need, on the front forum page, scroll down til you come to GUNDEMDEKI RECEIVERLER click on Interstar thenyou have a page offering Alt-forum interstar, the files you want are on the Interstar Dosyalari link above English speakers section link. you will also need the multi loader from Golden Interstar website
Good hunting

Thanks brewby,

Is it possible to upload only new keys to my receiver?
Without replacing the hole firmware.

So only keep my keys updated.??

brewby

Reaction score
ZykoNews, I do not know if there is a way to update the k*ys by null modem but I suppose it is possible to use a card somehow but I need to know which cam/emu is embedded in the interstar DSR 8005 2CI, I am only a newbie to this hobby and still learning, maybe our esteemed mods and experts can help us out with this one.

Alan Pee

Reaction score
brewby said:
ZykoNews, I do not know if there is a way to update the k*ys by null modem but I suppose it is possible to use a card somehow but I need to know which cam/emu is embedded in the interstar DSR 8005 2CI, I am only a newbie to this hobby and still learning, maybe our esteemed mods and experts can help us out with this one.
The Interstar 8005 2CI, is an FTA + 2CI receiver. But its patchable and the popular patch most of them have is a multi emu patch for about 4 or 5 encryptions.

brewby

Reaction score
Hi Alan, do you know where this multi emu software comes from? and can it be updated or altered. one the many mysteries of this hobby me thinks!