L and R

Thor25rtn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBSAT 2CI, 80cm Comag eliptical dish, Moteck SG2100A MOTOR
My Location
Nottingham
HI,
I realise that these mean left and right for transponder frequencies, mainly on the West satellites, but can i do anything with my reciever to get the channels on these.
Also on West satellites i sometimes get a signAL Strength for on the C but not the K for them, what does this mean.
If i try to scan in on the C as expected get nothing.
Dish is eliptcal 80 cm, reciever is GBSat 2CI, no cam at present on FTA channels.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Left and right circular polarisation whereas most that we can see from here are horizontal and vertical polarisation. you will not be able to get anything watchable with a Ku band receiver, the frequency range is different.

J

Jeff_19341

L & R are Left and Right hand polarised signal as against V & H , Vertical and Horizontal polarised signals. I understand that you will need a feed with a polariser to be able to view the circularly polarised signals. For "C" band reception you would need a "C" band LNB and a very much larger dish. Westerly satellites, how far west are you talking about. Nothing much further than 58*west can be viewed from the uk as you are approaching the horizon and the satellites beam to the USA.

PS Top beat me to it, must learn to type faster, must learn to use more than one finger.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Jeff_19341 said:
PS Top beat me to it, must learn to type faster, must learn to use more than one finger.
Perhaps Jeff but your post is based on wisdom and experience whereas my post is based upon RPS repetitive post syndrome:D

Thor25rtn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBSAT 2CI, 80cm Comag eliptical dish, Moteck SG2100A MOTOR
My Location
Nottingham
:) Thanks Lads!
This explains a lot!!