Landscape Channel

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive just been offered an old Humax 5400.

Is this patchable to Betacrypt ? If so it looks like I can finally receive the Landscape Channel which went off FTA two years ago

Please advise

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

It should be patchable. Has it got a port at the back, and when you access the Conditional access menu, what version is the module?

Regards

Prince

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Prince

Its an oldie and patched already apparently (strange background OSG with graffiti type writing at the bottom

No time at the moment to look into cards, modifying the roof dish to get the new satellite at 72 East. I can already get 68.5 for the African radio (brilliant) but those extra 3.5 degrees mean cutting part of the stand away and grinding part of the concrete from the roof

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-Jun-02 AT 06:11 PM (GMT)]Hi,

On which satellite is the landscape channel and what encryption method is use. You would probably need the latest patch which you can get from here http://www.axs-ict.nl/humax5400/talen/english/index.htm
BTW is watching the landscape channel gives the same excitement as watching England play Argentina.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
What is you location ? 72.0E is very low (1-3 degree) on the horizon for most parts of the UK.

Dont grind untill you check, the transponders on 72.0 east are generally around the 1.5 mtr dish range.

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear Old Satellite

Im in West London in the flatlands around Walton on Thames with an unobstructed view to both horizons (the joy of having a flat roof house - satellite reception is why I moved here, honestly )

I used to be able to get 72.5 East five years ago when a russian satellite was there. Then I upgraded the dish from a 1.5 to 1.8m and lowered the post to prevent the neighbours from twigging what I was up to

Too wet yesterday, will try at the weekend as the number of transponders on this are increasing daily. Im already seven clicks East of Panamsat, about 3mm of concrete to remove before Im there.

CH

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Prince

Its mainly elevator music with pictures of waterfalls and penguins so yes it is more interesting than a footie match.

Its a hobby you know this capturing obscure stuff

Horses for courses

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Personally channel hopper i think the landscape channel is excellent. i did find it very relaxing to watch in the morning about 8am i think in uk but now i cannot receive it. the most i can get is 15 west to 48 east. if i tinker with the motor i can probably get a few more degrees but i dont think there is anything worth looking at and most interesting stuff for me is on hotbird and astra. :)
nice to be able to post again as my ****** password was causing me problems and i had to change it as i could not log in for a while now.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Let me know what you like watching (or listening to on the radio ) and I can advise if its worth tweaking more swing on your dish

Real African radio is available at 68.5 East and I do like having it in the background when tinkering.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
thanks channel hopper. I quite like relaxation music when browsing the net but i can get good internet radio at
http://www.live365.com which i recommend.
I would have to take the motor off and the dish to change the cogs inorder to get those valuable extra degrees at 48 east
and 15 west. I think i can get another couple of degrees either way but the dish is fine except for the happy :) spiders up there who have made it there home but they are not causing any problems that i am aware of. It would have to be a pretty cool bouquet of channels i think to get me to do this now as the dish as an absolute ******* pain in the a*** to get going again :)
Film channels, documentaries and sci-fi are what i would be looking for incidentally.

cheers