Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Can you please provide personal experiences with companies who provide Sky cards for overseas. Please provide their website and if you dealt with them. Sorry, but due to the immense amount of fraud around one has to be careful. Thank for all you help and inout as usual.

O

Old Fred

powel000 said:
Can you please provide personal experiences with companies who provide Sky cards for overseas. Please provide their website and if you dealt with them. Sorry, but due to the immense amount of fraud around one has to be careful. Thank for all you help and inout as usual.
I think this question is in the wrong section (SKY+ ?)

Anyway, I came across this web site mentioned on digitalspy recently:
http://www.insatskycards.com/

I've had no dealings with the company but it's in London and appears to be legitimate.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Old Fred said:
I think this question is in the wrong section (SKY+ ?)

Anyway, I came across this web site mentioned on digitalspy recently:
http://www.insatskycards.com/

I've had no dealings with the company but it's in London and appears to be legitimate.

It never ceases to amaze me that Sky do not stop these people, (could well be the loss of several million £££s revenue if all non UK subs were "chopped")

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I like this bit. :)

As Sky’s premier UK agent

I wonder if Sky would agree with that.;)

They do seem reasonably priced compared to some of the others though.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
I guess you can never win. You wanna pay for a service and not steal. Might as well Sky branch out into other countries and charge extra for what they charge for and end the Sky intrigue. They allow for the black market to flourish. The potential overseas is amazing, I dont understand why these companies never see these opportunities.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
They do see the opportunities, and also the costs. For Sky UK to offer its channels to subscribers in Europe would mean them buying the rights to show their channels (sports and films etc) for all the countries to which they offer cards. This almost certainly isn’t worth while for them (otherwise they would have done it), instead they buy/set up separate services in some of the countries, like Sky Italia

Overseas viewers registered to UK addresses are very good customers for Sky. They never complain to Sky, never spend hours on the phone to customer services, never try and get a free call out, but just pay up every month and keep quiet – a perfect customer.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Well put Polomint;)

As for insatskycards I have just tried to go there and they wouldn't let me in - ahh:rolleyes:

Did somebody blag from this site, or, are SKY on the case ......

Have Fun,

Mark.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Still available on my browser Mark.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Their prices are the same as most companies dealing with Sky, www.skycards.net is another serious firm which have the same prices as the one you linked to.

Is Sky worth the money really? i have the Canal Digital package which is the only package i pay for and i must say the quality of the content is pretty bad, commercials every 10 minutes and the list goes on with endless re-runs everyday.

I thought about getting Sky myself as the last resort if it's good...

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
A friend of mine here in Cairo had to call Sky for some reason and told them she wasn't going to lie to them and she is in Egypt receiving sky, they didn't have a problem with that.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I once knew someone in Spain who had a friend, and (the story goes) they called Sky to get a PPV event and the person at Sky asked if it would be OK to put him on hold, to which he replied that it wasn’t as he was in Spain and the call was costing a lot, his card was then cancelled by Sky.

I don’t know how true this story is, it may be an urban myth or somehow distorted, but the person I knew was convinced by it.

Just don’t be daft when calling from abroad, I’ve phoned Sky from a Spanish landline many times and never had a problem.

THEHULK

Reaction score
The potential overseas is amazing, I dont understand why these companies never see these opportunities.

if sky uk could become available, legally to anyone in europe, that would be no good to sky, as it would mean anyone in the UK could legally subscribe to any european sat provider. opening up the european boarders could only be good for the customers, if you had the choice would you get sky uk or D+ for half the cost

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Probably Sky, D+ may be half the price, but it is probably only half the service.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/canaldigital.html

rapido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm
My Location
Hertfordshire
THEHULK said:
if sky uk could become available, legally to anyone in europe, that would be no good to sky, as it would mean anyone in the UK could legally subscribe to any european sat provider. opening up the european boarders could only be good for the customers, if you had the choice would you get sky uk or D+ for half the cost

I'm not sure, but I think I'd actually get Viasat. The full package is 299 SKr per month (little over £22). Not much more money than the Sky Multichannels package, and it includes TV1000, and almost everything else is in English. The only problem is you wouldn't get the Norwegian & Danish channels if you're on the Swedish package (I think). But still, it's 39 decent channels for a good price.

Does Viasat still come from West Drayton in Middlesex? It did when I used to live there (in the late '90s).

I will be honest tho', satellite TV was better when we had fewer channels. Getting a decoder for one or few channels like, say, Filmnet or RTL4/5, SBS6 & Veronica was a big deal...!

-rapido

PS I would never subscribe to Sky as it's not worth the paper it's printed on - thousands of channels and nothing to watch (except adverts). Well, that's unless a friend of mine in Europe asked me to do so on their behalf (I have done this in the past).

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
I think the case is that Sky on one hand would not like to loose a considerable amount of subscribers abroad. On the other hand because of copyrights issues they have to appear to police that only UK (and Irish) subscriptions are allowed.

I.e. if you don’t broadcast that you live abroad you will be OK, but you make to many noises you could find yourself in the doghouse.

Cheers
Huffin the Puffin