Life after MRev 2.21...

hitech444

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver Emtech EM200, 0.3dB Universal LNB, 100cm dish, MatrixRev 2.21
My Location
Athens, Greece
I'm new on the sat scene and I have just installed MRev v2.21. on an Emtech 200 receiver. Well, things are not as good as I expected. Some guy had told me that I would see 150 channels after. I only see about 10. And some have no sound.. Is there anything I can do or check on my receiver for that??
I also see square blocks on some channels... where these come from?
I think 2.21 is the latest update, or not ???
Thanks in advance fellas...

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Which satellites are you able to set the dish at, how many channels can you see with a network search (if one exists on you receiver), and what are you expecting to see.

When you have all the answers, trust your 'guy' until you are willing to work the receiver fully, ask him how to search all transponders if he is the one that supplied it.

hitech444

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver Emtech EM200, 0.3dB Universal LNB, 100cm dish, MatrixRev 2.21
My Location
Athens, Greece
Hi, thanks for answering...
I my dish points to HotBirds (1,2,3,4,6) and it is fixed. Sorry, but I don't understand the "network search" term. As I said I use MatrixRev with no card in it. It clears the Multivision (TPS) channels but with no sound. Is that the norm ?
In total it clears 10-15 channels. Some without sound.
In one case I have sound but no picture.
I'm interested in adult channels (or at least I hoped that with the CAM I would be able to see 2-3 of them).
Now here I need your lights. How should I proceed:
Buy an official card (can it be helpful [reprogrammed] later?), a funcard (which one ?) or an adult CAM (like UltiMate or Icecrypt Red).

Sorry if you got tired with my stupid questions!
Thanks so much...

el7

Campione del mondo
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave digital Magic mod 1.09 penta,
CryptAlpha digital cam FTA
Analog reciver Giberdini dish 1.10 Simple dish 0.80
My Location
Canada $ Greece
Kalos ton.

So you have a matrix with the last update,I think you must open a lot of channels,try a funcard 6in1 is cheap I can't send it from thessaloniki,but if you will come here I can give it to you.You made the wrong choise friend,I saw a commander reciver which can open almost everything without even a card,it was 120 euros.I have a nextwave and trying to insert keys.By the way did you tryed to insert keys on it?It will be the easiest choise and the better one. if yes tell me to send you the last keyes.

geia

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The MRv does away with cards, it fully updates to the new codes in one move, relying on codes available very quickly after changes are made. Far quicker than a remote update, but you do need a laptop with modern operating system.

If you are still getting blocking and limited channel increase it does sond like the dish is not performing correctly (Hotbird only limits you a lot). Multivision sound missing suggests the receiver firmware is not adapting to multi language.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I have a mrev and on 2.21 its clearing all the mutlivision and 3 sky movie italia about 40 good chanels in english plus lots with adult content so it sounds like you need to search for more chanel if you buy a satellits magazine or try http://www.lyngsat.com/nss7.html
and you can enter the frequency manual for which specific band of chanels you require.

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
2.22 is the latest version. Available now from several places (including the official site)