Limited Freesat

Bannon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite yet
My Location
United Kingdom
With my well cheap second hand Sky box I would love to get all those additional free channels without paying them twenty quid for a subscription card for the privilege but that's my choice along with not paying them ten quid for being allowed to use the record facility.

So what are my options.... freeview?

I am in an area of Wales that can only get a signal from a relay station and one that does not carry the full range of freeview channels and just why I have yet to find out. Maybe it has something to do with capacity or power output?

I had thought of buying a freesat recorder box but apparently I would still get the same amount of reduced channels as they are encrypted by Sky - so what's the answer?

Wait until I can afford a smart TV I suppose..... or not as I have a sneaky suspicion I will be in the same hole with no Red Dwarf for example from that Dave channel!

Grrr.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Dave is available on their streaming system.

As for the others, what do you think you are missing from the line up ?

'Freesat from Sky' isn't the same as Freesat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Bannon said:
With my well cheap second hand Sky box I would love to get all those additional free channels without paying them twenty quid for a subscription card for the privilege but that's my choice along with not paying them ten quid for being allowed to use the record facility.

So what are my options.... freeview?

I am in an area of Wales that can only get a signal from a relay station and one that does not carry the full range of freeview channels and just why I have yet to find out. Maybe it has something to do with capacity or power output?

I had thought of buying a freesat recorder box but apparently I would still get the same amount of reduced channels as they are encrypted by Sky - so what's the answer?

Wait until I can afford a smart TV I suppose..... or not as I have a sneaky suspicion I will be in the same hole with no Red Dwarf for example from that Dave channel!

Grrr.
Anywhere that is served by a relay station will only get "Freeview Lite" You get 3 muxes not the full 6 carried by the main transmitters. The missing muxes carry the UKTV channels.

The only way to get Dave on satellite is to subscribe to Sky - its not carried on Freesat.

Also if you have an old Sky box you already get all the channels that Freesat carry.