Littleswitch

S

starry

Hi, has anyone any good/bad experiences with the 'Littleswitch' used for switching LNB's with a Digibox?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that the power to the LNB stays on when the box is in standby, so you may require the slave as well. The switch with the remote control looks good though.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A number of the sky boxes do not like momentary disconnection of the dish from the input, this seems to throw them into confusion, and normally requires a power down before they will receive Sky channels again. Amstrad and Pace are the worst affected.

This is what stopped these small switches from being used when Astra 2 was first launched. A lot of customers still had a dish capable of receiving German TV left on their walls and this was thought an ideal solution to retain some foreign TV, mainly after Sky Subscriber Centres claimed that there would be no disadvantages of moving from Analogue to Digital (the usual 'read from a card' automaton approach)

Later firmware in digiboxes has the added advantage of erasing any personal 'other channel list' set into the box when switching rapidly between one dish and another.