wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
1.2mtr Channelmaster Dish
Manhattan Plaza 3300 Receiver
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
Hello There i wonder if anyone can advise me or help me with a small problem i have. I take it ive set this up correctly. I had three satellite dishes one of which has two lnbs on it. ive used a 4 way disecq switch so all 4 lnbs goes into one cable that comes into the receiver in the living room.
I then decided to try and add another receiver in another room so if someone is watching tv in the living room i can still view my foreign channels. So i bought another diseqc switch, another receiver and a twin lnb to try it before purchasing more twin lnbs. So now i have two cables coming into the house to the two receivers.
The problem i have on one of the tvs the picture is freezing a lot on some channels but it doesnt on the other one, does this mean the lnb is cheap and no good, is it i havent locked on to the satellite right, is it the receiver, have i set it up wrong? Before i could pick up 9e, 10e and 16e but since ive done this new set up i cant pick them up so far.
The lnb i bought was an SLX Twin output lnb which i bought on e-bay for £7.
The receiver i bought was also on e-bay which is made by Konig and i paid £21 for it.
Basically the chabnnels thats freezing are the trt turkish channels on 7e and also sat1 and dsf on astra 19.2 when i moved to try a diffrent satellite. I think it strange for one tv to freeze and not the other unless the lnb is not strong enough to support it.
Thanks in advance and sorry for such a big message

Colin

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi Colin ..
not quite sure of how you have configured this extra lnb ..
Did you just add it to one of your dishes in an 'offset' position ...ie...not at the focal point of the dish.
Or did you replace one of the existing single lnb's with a twin ??
A diagram might help if you are up to making and posting one ..
A clearer mental picture of your setup would help the experts with a diagnosis ..
Also ..what dish size is it mounted on ...is it fixed or moveable...and what satellite is the prime focus point aimed at etc..
rgds
VS