LNB Issue ?

60Rod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
North Wales
Help - I have lost the signal on Input Line 2. Have switched Input Line 1 to Line 2 and now have a signal on Line 2 and nothing on Line 1. How can I establish if my LNB has gone down or if I have a Cable fault? Or could it be down to something else?
No service contract on the V Box so am having to fix it myself.
Thanks
Rod

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum,

Easiest way to eliminate the cabling and connectors is to swap them over on the LNb ports as you have determined the receiver is ok.

SM :)

60Rod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
North Wales
Thanks. Will give that a try.
Rod

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
Hey Rod
Did you resolve this problem because I have the exact same problem I`m kinda thinking of replacing the LNB and hoping this will work!!:confused

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Philious said:
Hey Rod
Did you resolve this problem because I have the exact same problem I`m kinda thinking of replacing the LNB and hoping this will work!!:confused

Hi,
Follow the advice given already, if it turns out that the LNB is in fact faulty then it can be replaced very cheaply. The WNC quad LNBs are about a tenner delivered from eBay.

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
Yep I firstly checked the cable and found water had got in through a join I made 6months ago, so I cleaned all the bits and put it back together and it worked a treat.
I looked at the cable because I`d not long since replaced the LNB so for the time being Its all working as it should & now water proofed:).