LNB problems?

JZM1973

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hymax 500GB Free sat HD box
My Location
Aberdeenshire
Can anybody help...

We have just upgraded from a normal sky box to a Free sat HD Hymax 500gb box. i have 2 lines into the back of the box, from the sat dish... however we are unable to record one channel and watch another. Or we can but it is limited service/ channels.......

The trouble shooting states that we may need another LNB...the current one is a quad but it is quite old 10 - 12.75ghz.... do i need to buy a new one?... they are only a about £6 but if i don't need to get one.... the current cables are connected into the two ports on the dish on the left...(do i need to alternate them or something?.... if thats any help..)

Oh i have checked and tightened all the connections

any
advise would be appreciated!

regards

JZM1973

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If you have tried the Foxsat out with a single feed or it has for any reason been used in single feed mode, you'll need to carry out a Factory Reset.

It should then detect you have two feeds connected and should be ok.

If that doesn't work, try checking each single feed in turn to establish which ones work, then having identified two that do, connect them up, Factory Reset the box again and off you go.

JZM1973

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hymax 500GB Free sat HD box
My Location
Aberdeenshire
Tivù said:
If you have tried the Foxsat out with a single feed or it has for any reason been used in single feed mode, you'll need to carry out a Factory Reset.

It should then detect you have two feeds connected and should be ok.

If that doesn't work, try checking each single feed in turn to establish which ones work, then having identified two that do, connect them up, Factory Reset the box again and off you go.

Many thanks...

i have identified that one of the cables was not functioning rather than Box or LNB... will just reconnect a new cable....

regards

JZM1973....

Note to others..if i can diagnose an issue.... (with great advise...)anyone can!! many thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well done ..... It's usually something simple.

But you'll more than likely have to Factory Reset as the box will probably have set itself up in single feed mode.