lost all the channels

flashgordon1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky amstrad and panasonic systems 6 pack setup. two 42cm dishes.just ordered a technomate 6900HD with motorised system one metre dish. also at another address.twin feed static 80 mm dish non digital system. 6 year old dell with server memory 680 of
My Location
essex in the wilds somewhere
when i got up this morning found the reciever not working. after close inspection found that the installer had forgot to do up the cable which feeds the signal into the reciever (at the reciever side) as expected not a happy. the motorised bit was working. after a lot of head scratching and about 4 hours work. got all the channels working. there does seem to some channels that dont have as many channels as i expected. esp 30W hip and 42E turksat. it took a great deal of work getting the dish to stop at both 30W and 42W there did not appear to be a signal on the meter. yet i got a good visual (weird) now the one thing i didnot do was download the latest updates through the rs232. (someone said yu can do this through the USB slot ? does this really matter ? anyway 28E 19E 13E are excellent. loadsa channels not the other two. does anyone know why? but the weird thing he installer only installed 6 satellites ? the question is how do i install the rest. (diseqc motor 2.1 ) do i get it back to factory settings or can i do it manually to find where the satellites are. i just can find a way to increase the satellites ! How do i do a search on these ? i got the manual but its very confuseing... there should quiet a few more satellites and channels. should get at least 1w 16E 5W 12.5w 2.8W 10E 23.5E 39E any ideas whats gone wrong. something i missed surely i dont really want to put it back to factory settings.
HD is superb on 19E and 28 E get the premier channels no problem

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Try switching to USALS setting in motor menu and enter long/latt. Your receiver will have a satellite list to select from and then scan Tp's OR blind scan.

Assuming your all set up correctly and your motor is USALS compatible:)

flashgordon1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky amstrad and panasonic systems 6 pack setup. two 42cm dishes.just ordered a technomate 6900HD with motorised system one metre dish. also at another address.twin feed static 80 mm dish non digital system. 6 year old dell with server memory 680 of
My Location
essex in the wilds somewhere
the dish has disceqc 2.1 control.. there has been a coupe of suggestens includeing a complete factory setup not happy about that one. its strange that only 6 satellites was put into memory. other than that i have been very pleased with the reciever and dish setup. dish is bolted to garden fence concrete post and the garden faces s w maybe not the ideal situation but works

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You could try a factory reset.

could be you need to re-calculate and store the far satellites again eg. 30w and 42e... could also mean the dish is not tracking the arc correctly due to movement. :)