Lost CH4 and 5, please help

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
Hi guys, i have finally just repaired my Amstrad box, but it was off the mains for several months and now the FOA channels do not clear completely. Its an end of contract Sky card. I have left the box on SkyNews and after a couple of hores the BBC channels came back but unfortunately neither CH4 or 5 are there (yet). The thing is i do not live in the UK anymore and i dont really want to phone up to get my card activated again. Does anyone know what else i could try , besides living the box on Sy news until it all clears?
Cheers

Reaction score
Website
martin-osullivan.tripod.com
My Location
Ireland
don't know if this will resolve your problem but once I had a similar problem and I just went
into the installers menu, and did a new installation did it with the phone line disconnected so
the box would not go ringing sky. it restored all the channels.
instructions on how to do this
http://martin-osullivan.tripod.com/digital-tv/services-menu/installers-menu/new-installation.html

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Just leave the box connected, all will return within 24hrs, the card has not had its "refresh signal", this is quite a common occurence when box has been powered down for more than 3/4 weeks.

zansi

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
finally after nearly 24hrs o got all the channels back.
cheers guys