Vipersan said:
Ok ..
Not a very scientific approach granted ..
But this is what I tried this morning ..
Left the dish unmoved and pointing at 55 West ..
Left the channel selected as Jamaica TV ..which I got occasional lock on ..
If the signal dropped below 6 db according to the F15 ..Lock vanished totally..
It was varying 5.8 - 5.9 - 6.0 - 6.1
In and out of lock with occasional images appearing ..
I then removed 1 panel 2 hours ago ..
Applied some bridging compound to the inner rim ..applied in such a way as to form a rough wedge..
Allowed to harden and rubbed smooth ..
The wing was then re-fitted after redrilling the mount holes through the bridging compound ..
This has had the effect of lifting the outer rim of the wing by approx 0.8 cm..thus changing the angle ..or tilt of the panel ..
and if I continued around the dish it would make the dish deeper by about 1.5 to 2 cm ..
IE closer to the focal length expected .
Now it could be time of day ...the weather ..or any number of variables ..
But Jamaica TV now stays locked on the F15 ..
Not sufficient to provide constant moving pics ..but pics more often ..and the signal bar remains in lock ..varying still but now 6.1 to 6.2 db ..
I think I'm heading the right way ...
..but only time will tell ..and only one wings tilt changed so far..
Promising ..or fluke..
We shall see..
rgds
VS
Ok ..did nothing but keep an eye on this channel over 24 hours ..
The signal does periodically depending on time of day ..drop below lock level of 6db ..but is locked more than its not...around 80% of the time.
Thats progress..
During this locked period ..I only managed a 10 minute period over 6.4 db ..which allowed moving images ..rather than frozen stills.
But alas I am dissapointed..
they now use AAC-HE audio ..and as yet the F15 cannot handle this .
Simply no audio.
Not the first time I've seen it ..and I once complained on the official forum ..but it never got resolved.
A great pity as no other receiver in my collection can even lock this signal..
Non of them have a tuner so sensitive.
I'm sure this could be sorted easily in firmware if they were inclined to do so ..but support is minimal these days.
Any of our Russian speakers ever found reference to this problem on the Russian forums..?
The F15 handles some forms of AAC ..AC3 Dolby etc ...but this version of AAC remains a problem.
Does any F15 owner able to access this channel ..or indeed a channel with the same audio content have issues and can confirm..
I do know other set top boxes have had the same problems ..
read this :-
from another forum..
_http://www.world-of-satellite.com/archive/index.php/t-13131.html
cest la vie
VS