Magic Eye problems

Rock39

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-808 Vi2
80cm Dish Motorised, temporally on a 1mt pole mount, (which tracks the arc if the wind blows the right direction.) Pace 2600 (Sky), Infinity usb+Cas3 programers.
Dell P4-2.4ghz, 512DDR, 75GB HD
Radeon 9800 Graf/Crd. + Ext HD M
My Location
Ireland
Can anyone one advise on the correct distribution amp to use for connecting two extra TV’s to a skybox – both controlled with magic eyes?

I have a coax from the RF output on my skybox which runs to my loft, there it joins with a second cable that returns the signal to second TV on the ground floor – this is quite a long run but everything works fine apart from some loss of picture quality. Wanting to boost the signal (& add the option of adding a second magic eye in another room) I added a distribution amp (I have tried 3 different ones now) however when using the amp I loose the ability to control the second TV with the magic eye control?

Documentation with the remote eye link states that coax from the R2 should be “in a continuous uninterrupted run” but I assume there must be some way to split\boost the signal & still control the signal with a remote eye? A split on the RF out to two magic eyes without any amp also stops them working…any ideas\info appreciated.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
_http://www.screwfix.com/prods/69457/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Amplifiers-Distribution/Labgear-HDU681-S-Home-Distribution-Unit-8-Way

I have installed a couple of these and they do the business, they come in a 6 or 12 way as well. They will also allow connection of a TV ariel with masthead amp, and a DAB ariel and fire it all down the one coax line.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Look at _http://www.tvlink.co.uk/acatalog/tvLINK_Amplifiers.html first item, can be powered by the 9v from the Sky digibox. I presume you've switched it on in the installers' menu?

Rock39

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-808 Vi2
80cm Dish Motorised, temporally on a 1mt pole mount, (which tracks the arc if the wind blows the right direction.) Pace 2600 (Sky), Infinity usb+Cas3 programers.
My Location
Ireland
Thanks - have ordered the distrubition amp you mentioned, will report back when I get it installed!
Yes.. setup ok in the installers' menu, hopefuly this will do the trick..
Cheers,

Rock39

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-808 Vi2
My Location
Ireland
All good!

Ordered a 4 outlet amp to leave the option of adding extra sets if needed – works fine, assume the issue was with a powered amp conflicting with the 9v from the R2 output….anyway thanks for the help.