Magic Module and Nokia receivers

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Mdomba wrote in the Tony Doe's forum

I'm sorry to tell you but the MM is not working as good with Nokia, as it is working with other receivers, like Humax or Samsung.

For two weeks I have tried to make it work, like I want, with Nokia 9902 and Nokia 9800, but in the end I brought a Samsung 9500.

What I found out is that you have to turn the Nokia on with MM OUT.

Then you have to put the card in MM and them together in the receiver. Be warned, I read on some boards that 9800 is sensitive to removing cams when it is working. Fortunately, on the one, that I have tried, there was no problems with that.

The other problem is that, when you finally get the MM recognised the picture is very bad (has noise in it) as if the signal is bad, but this is not the case, because with Aston you see good picture in all seca channels, whilst with MM there is pixelisation.

The third problem that I found, was that you cannot ZAP. If you ZAP to third or fourth channel, the screen goes black and you have to take MM out, cool it down and put it back in - this time without restarting the NOKIA.

Onother thing - you have to use files designated for Nokia - not for Samsung or Humax.

One more thing, the Stream channels did not clear - only PrimaFila (and they have the same keys, as I know - strange).

I also remember, that I had to turn the Nokia on without MM, set it on some FTA channel (I used I1 - Itaklia uno), put the magic in, wait for the picture to get some noise, and then switch to a coded channel.

Sorry this does not look like very good news.

G

goldstar

Speak for your self please .
You have to disable the build in CI first. Don't ask me how I do
not have one. Reports are good and bad so a good search will
open your eyes.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ Goldstar, we can only post what is known and has been reported, if you have further information, then please enlighten everyone. If all it takes is to disable the internal CAM, then great news for Nokia owners, but is this an easy task? A little more information would be great if you can find it and I'm sure that Nickolai and the rest of us will be grateful.

G

goldstar

Hi Rolfw
look at the header where Nickolai speaks of nokia recievers
one can think he is meaning all nokia. That suggestion however
is not right. See the last line below.

I'm an 9600 freak but for 9800 and 9902 I have read in the former dassmeckt site that one should make MM the first option and disable or remove the build in one.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All information is gratefully accepted here Goldstar and I'm sure that the information you are providing will be of help to those of our members owning Nokias.

I could not quite see the reason for the manner of your first post, all information posted in this forum has been collected from many different sources which has been a time consuming and sometimes thankless task for the writer. A simple post telling the good news that the 9600 works well and that you have heard that the 9800 and 9902 can also be made to work by disabling the built in CAM would have perhaps been more appropriate.

G

goldstar

@rolfw
My way to put things right is in no way mend to irritate people. If one feels it that way sorry for that. I'm not intending to do so.

In future I will check my writings twice before I send it in. <@>

mdomba

Reaction score
Website
free-pu.hinet.hr
The main problem with MAGIC and Nokia 9800/9902 is that picture gets noise/pixelation even on FTA channels so the communication with the cam is not OK.

On 9902 AD2.2 you can turn off Via by using the OPTION button(green), you have to use this setting for every channel you need and only once, but the result is the same, only thing that changes is a bit faster switching channels.

The second main problem (IMHO) is that you cannot ZAP eg. when you ZAP to third channel everything goes black (even FTA channel).

mdomba

G

goldstar

@ mdoba
First: MM likes strong signals !
I had the same pixellation thing with my 9600 and DVB. It was a memory problem. Reinstalling BVD firmware with the MM in the box partly solved it.

But DVB isn't right in a 9600 so I put over to originel CI3.1 firmware and my dream come true. Meaning: memory problems can be solved by reinstalling the firmware with the MM in.

For the 9902/9800 I would say remove that build in CI put MM in and reinstal the firmaware and try older gamma versions in MM.