Magic or Matrix?

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
All,
A couple of months ago I purchased the following Magic Module from one of the sponsors of the Magic Trance site:
MM.jpg

This CAM was advertised by the dealer and sold to me as a Magic Module, however as can be seen, it has no hologram, nor does it have any indication that it was made by Dream Multimedia. Then yesterday I saw a picture of a Matrix CAM, and the label on the rear of the Matrix CAM was identical to the label on the rear of my Magic Module.
I wonder if someone could please confirm whether this is a true Magic Module, or a cheaper Matrix CAM which has had its front label replaced to make it look like a Magic Module.
Many thanks.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
There are so many clones and copies about it's almost impossible to tell unless you take them to bits (which I wouldn't advise) my mate bought a copy cam and compared it to my original (mine came from a reliable supplier I've used for years) and if you looked really closely you could make out a slight difference between the two holograms, his worked as well as mine, and luckily his hasn't gone down with the time bomb virus, even if you ask the dealers if it is genuine, some of the more unsrupulous dealers (thankfully in a minority) would tell you they are genuine when they are not.
There is no way to really tell, you pays your money and takes a risk.
haga

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
HAGA the time bomb virus which you so aptly named isnt what u and many others described exatly, its the penta software 10.11
wrote by Ushtar for MMs and he craftly put the bomb in to try and
kill his pirate competition, only kills certain chipsets, (not his)
BUT and a BIG BUT is that alot of there older (official) MMs dont have this chipset in them so there dead too, Good way of drumming up buisness in it. I WOULD RATHER HAVE A CASE OF HERPIES THAN touch a MM now, Got rid of mine b4 this shit hit the fan, dont know if the buyers still chattin 2 me, DAVE

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree with burnt chips,i dont think the magic option is much use in the near future,better to just use a gold and an ird receiver at the moment. the cams' are not a cheap item to play around like this paying more money for "upgrades" with s**a 2 and other versions being introduced over the next few months' there is likely
to be less choice in the not distant future. i think the biggest timebomb is how long these cams will last, don't forget the broadcaster has the finance to have the last say look at the past.

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have looked at shauns link, i have a matrix cam the serial number on the back also starts AK i see where you are coming from.
the name fenton sounds familier in the satellite trade i cannot think where i have heard it before.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Hi, I have been on holiday for a while - hence no posts, sorry.

Here is what, I figure, is the current state of play:

1. Pentacrypt software versions below v.1.10 are currently safe to use in any compatible CAM (genuine MM and clones)
2. Penta v.1.10 is ouf of question from 1.04.03
3. One can use PentaCrypt v.1.11 for the benefit of opening Thor channels. However, caution is advisable.
Use Penta v.1.11 only if:
- one has a genuine Magic Module :). This should be established via a supplying dealer or (for techies) by opening the CAM and checking what hardware is in there.
- if one has a clone cam with a Toshiba chip (source: one of T24's posts)

If you have a clone with any other chip than the Toshiba, installing Penta v1.10-1.11 results in the cam loader getting erased and one gets "No cam installed" message.

2. Joker CAM is not a MM clone and offers best options at this time. :rolleyes:

Regards