Make Gregorian dish

For me, personally, I like Gregory setup more than usual, cuz it is not ordinary and pretty seldom.

I too like your c.m./fibo hybrid ......... it looks awesome :)
 
RimaNTSS, for comparisons, can't you simply remove the sub, and mount or hold the LNB at the ordinary location?
Or is there, then, too much metal in the view / in the way of the LNB?
 
Of course I can do that @hvdh , but much easier is to remove all Fibo parts, it will probably take about 1 minute. If I make special LNB holder for simple IBU which can be installed also in 1 minute, than 2 tests are possible within relatively small period of time. Maybe I will make such thing in the future.
Here I would like to show how signal from one transponder from 7,3*W changed during last 12 hours. Measured once per minute from 7:39 till 20:00
It is more or less stable, but still we can see some periods when level is down and some periods when it is up. Shortly after 6 PM I was little bit obstructing signal while installing clamp to the feedarm.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_451 Aug. 19 20.09.webp
    ScreenHunter_451 Aug. 19 20.09.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 25
Received ball-joints today.... I do not think to install them to antenna, they have too much play in ball-joint. My solution works OK, so will leave it like that. And ball-joints- maybe use them somewhere else o_O some time in the future.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150902_174221 (Large).webp
    IMG_20150902_174221 (Large).webp
    228.3 KB · Views: 39
I do not know, maybe those Rose Joints can be used for my future PM project?! Will see.
 
@TJExcalibur you were asking something about Gregorian design. Here is a thread I've started long time ago about that.
Just yesterday, friend of mine asked to help mount C-band LNB on his Fibo 120. So, I made this holder, which will stay in place of original Fibo feedhorn. I only do not have 63.5mm clamp and placed 40mm instead.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180206_151121 (Large).webp
    IMG_20180206_151121 (Large).webp
    145.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20180206_151151 (Large).webp
    IMG_20180206_151151 (Large).webp
    130.4 KB · Views: 24
@TJExcalibur you were asking something about Gregorian design. Here is a thread I've started long time ago about that.
Just yesterday, friend of mine asked to help mount C-band LNB on his Fibo 120. So, I made this holder, which will stay in place of original Fibo feedhorn. I only do not have 63.5mm clamp and placed 40mm instead.
I will have a look at the drawings I saw somewhere and I believe there is also a Fibo forum. All depends on how much gardening I can avoid in the spring.
 
Back
Top