"Make My Dreambox MINE"

pakiali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
amsterdam
ok, let's start. it's my first post, so please excuse me if i'm asking questions that you guys consider Kindergarten level:(

i have a dreambox 500. i have a gemini image installed on it. I got this from a local dealer to whom i pay 300 euros a year to watch all the encrypted channels.
Is there a way, to how i can "make this dreambox totally mine" so that i never have to pay for the encrypted channels? I bought the dreambox for 600 euros (probably a rip off) being told that was the only investment. Later they said that there's an additional cost of 300 euros p.year.

Please help:(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yep, you can make it totally yours by not paying the yearly charge and try to look for an alternative server, but you will probably have to pay for that as well.

Unfortunately free lunches are very hard to come by. ;)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Which satellite is your dish pointing to?

pakiali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
amsterdam
I understand your point, but i'm reading everywhere on this forum that people are using their dreamboxes to watch encrypted channels for FREE...so how is that possible? i heard they crack the codes for card sharing?

pakiali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
amsterdam
HB13DISH said:
Which satellite is your dish pointing to?

Hotbird 13 and Astra 2 (2 lnbs)

pakiali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
amsterdam
rolfw said:
Yep, you can make it totally yours by not paying the yearly charge and try to look for an alternative server, but you will probably have to pay for that as well.

Unfortunately free lunches are very hard to come by. ;)

I understand your point, but i'm reading everywhere on this forum that people are using their dreamboxes to watch encrypted channels for FREE...so how is that possible? i heard they crack the codes for card sharing?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
At the moment you can watch some free channels on Thor using a dreambox and one of the cams. But that might not be available for that much longer. The other alternative is card sharing - but for that you will have to pay or have your own card to share. 300 a year is a lot, for that money or even slightly less you could get a legal subscription to a package. If you do that, you could then join other people with different cards, so you will have more channels.

pakiali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
amsterdam
T_G said:
At the moment you can watch some free channels on Thor using a dreambox and one of the cams. But that might not be available for that much longer. The other alternative is card sharing - but for that you will have to pay or have your own card to share. 300 a year is a lot, for that money or even slightly less you could get a legal subscription to a package. If you do that, you could then join other people with different cards, so you will have more channels.

thanks for you reply.

so i can't actually have JUST a dreambox, the needed images and cams on it, and watch FTA AND Encrypted channels for free?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yes, you can watch ALL the FTA channels, + the digiTV package on Thor (1 West) but you would need to move your dish to 1 west or get another dish and point it there. The best thing to do is obviously getting a motor, the one I got costs about 40-50 Euros and allows me to watch a lot of FTA channels from many satellites.

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
Also just to clear up any confusion.

Sharing is Free if you have a valid subscription. (the more rare and wanted ones are the better - look at encryptions that are locked down nagra3 and nds etc).

If you don't have one then you have to pay a server for access.

Or lastly you could stay totally free and still watch all FTA and as already stated some weak encrypted chans DigiTV etc)

So you need to weigh up paying a sat provider for a valid sub or paying a server master, or the final FTA and keyupdates and patches route.