Manhaten ST200 Box with Dragon Cam, What do you think?

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
Hi People

After finding out my current Box is a total S**t, I have decided to go for a new Box,

I asked about and a seller said the Manhaten ST200 with a Dragon Cam is as good as any.

Price for bOX IS £139.00
Price for Cam is £99.00

I only want this Box to watch Premiership Football that is on Sat 3:00pm and other times that is not covered by SKY

What is your opinion on this Box?
Is it User Friendly?
Can the software be easilty updated?
Would you say the price is fair and would you recoomend anything better?

Thank you

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If the box has a CI slot, you won't need to update the receiver, but you will need a phoenix programmer and a loader card.

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
Have you heard of the box mentioned above? is it any good and well known? Also isn't the Dragon Cam the CI?

BGonaSTICK said:
If the box has a CI slot, you won't need to update the receiver, but you will need a phoenix programmer and a loader card.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't know anything about it, but the CI (Common Interface) is a slot in the box into which you would plug the CAM (if it has one). No slot, no CAM.

The CAM would be 'loaded' by a loader card which you would need to program with a programmer connected to your PC.

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
Hey Mahdi007,
Read about your Plaza ST200 here: -
h**p://www.manhattan-receivers.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=10
I have it's big brother, the ST550, and am well impressed with it. Both are upgradeable OTA, and yours has twin CI, so should be OK for your Saturdays (A Matrix Cam may be cheaper and will do what you want also)
Oh, and yes......it is very user friendly :)

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
Hi, and thanks for the advice, is there a major deifference in price between the ST200 and the Matrix that you are suggesting?

Also is £139.00 a fair price?
daveenty said:
Hey Mahdi007,
Read about your Plaza ST200 here: -
h**p://www.manhattan-receivers.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=10
I have it's big brother, the ST550, and am well impressed with it. Both are upgradeable OTA, and yours has twin CI, so should be OK for your Saturdays (A Matrix Cam may be cheaper and will do what you want also)
Oh, and yes......it is very user friendly :)

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
The price on the Plaza seems quite good, though there are cheaper CI receivers around. As for the Matrix, it's a cam, not a receiver. I meant as a replacement for the Dragon cam you mentioned earlier. You can pick them up for around £35-40.
Matrix Revolutions is the one of choice at the moment, though things change quite quickly in this game.
Incidentally, the dragon cam seemed expensive at £99....try a search around, or try h**p://www.hisat.com (not a recommendation, merely a suggestion)

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
Thanks daveenty, I willl look for the CAM that you have suggested, by the sound of thing I could get a CAM and next day it goes all pear shape and I need to obtain a new one. Have you or any on else on here spent a lot of money on CAMS? I know you can never say how long it will last, but surly it must be more than a couple of months?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm afraid that if you go the CAM route, then it could (and probably will) cost you a lot of money in the long run. Most folks that use CAMs have a drawer full of them (and cards) gathering dust!

That's not to say that it's not a good idea. This isn't a cheap hobby full-stop.

It's just something that you have to accept when you start out.