Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
From Digital Spy

Alba has issued an update for its Bush, Goodmans and Grundig Freesat receivers, which includes the much-awaited addition of manual tuning.

The function, included in the 1.4.33 update which went live yesterday, allows users to tune in the hundreds of services broadcast free-to-air on satellite but not listed in the Freesat electronic programme guide.

Manual tuning can be accessed by pressing "Menu", "Settings" then "Add non-Freesat services". Once tuned, services are listed from channel number 3000.

johnruddock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x skyhd digibox
1 bush freesat sd
1 Humax freesat HD
My Location
uk
Although I have the manual tune and Add non-Freesat services showing in settings,my software version is 1.2.16 and the scan locks up when I try to pull in new fta channels.Any ideas ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Allow it to download the new s/w!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Grundig HD box I installed yesterday, showed no signal when it was first switched on (a bit disconcerting), but then went straight into the software upgrade mode, it was fine once upgraded.

Interesting though, the customer was unable to get a standard box from either Curries or Comet and was forced (due to urgency), to pay for the HD box.

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
Analoguesat said:

I have the Bush HD with the new software and it locks up. I managed to scan one frequency with success, but the box crashed on the second scan.

johnruddock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x skyhd digibox
1 bush freesat sd
1 Humax freesat HD
My Location
uk
Analoguesat said:

Done that and it still hasn't updated :confused

jazzsateleite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush BFSAT01HD
My Location
Halifax
is there a list of the frequencies for the FTA channels anywhere on here

Thanks
Den

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
_http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

G

Also _http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

and _http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

All three of these Sites (these two plus the one given by rolfw) also contain a great deal of other useful information about Satellites and are worth a browse in a moment of boredom to give you an idea of what else is out there for free!

Gigondas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BUSH BFSAT01HD
My Location
NE Hampshire
Newbie here, Hello guys.
I've just got home and setup my Bush 01HD machine, and all is fine. I am interested by this manual-tune concept to add other channels...I have looked at the links to lists of channels/satellites but cannot work out how to programme them into the machine.

on a side note; If i put the ethernet cable into the box and connect to my home network will I be able to access an extended interface or any other benifits? I know a friend who has a german linux sat box and has it setup on his network so that he can watch stuff using it from anywhere! all he does is sign into his network and then tap into the sat box. he can then make it do anythin, and watch it from his laptop. Nifty.

But for now, how may I add things like DAVE and UKGold?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well even if you did add Dave and UKGold, you couldn't watch them as they are Encrypted Pay Service on Satellite and Freesat boxes are for Free To Air Channels only. Sorry.

Gigondas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BUSH BFSAT01HD
My Location
NE Hampshire
Tivù said:
Well even if you did add Dave and UKGold, you couldn't watch them as they are Encrypted Pay Service on Satellite and Freesat boxes are for Free To Air Channels only. Sorry.

Oh I See, I wasn't aware this changed. At our old house we could receive freeview and had both channels. The wife will be dissapointed. Thanks for the reply Tivu.

Gigondas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BUSH BFSAT01HD
My Location
NE Hampshire
So overall what HD channels are there on freesat? i can find BBC and iTV. Are there more?

Gigondas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BUSH BFSAT01HD
My Location
NE Hampshire
Oh, and how to use the add channel feature? it's rather complicated and doesn't seem work. Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Gigondas said:
Oh I See, I wasn't aware this changed. At our old house we could receive freeview and had both channels.

It hasn't changed - they've always been free on Freeview and pay on Satellite.