matrix cam problems

tipsygent

Reaction score
im new to this and have just got a matrix cam its got the latest firmware on it, i have programmed a gold card but when i put it in the cam it say card not inserted correctly can anyone help please:rolleyes:

thanx tipsygent

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Why have you put a gold card in it tipsy........what are you hoping to look at?

tipsygent

Reaction score
and i have to fun cards mind you i aint got a clue what im doing:rolleyes: but its all god fun i need helpppppppppppppppppppppppp
tipsygent

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The MR doesn't need a card for most things.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
The MR doesn't need a card for most things.
Probably only for Connax....arrgggghhh [sob]. O-no

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, think you've got problems, I've got a dish set on 1W and no time to move it, it isn't in an easily accessible position either, need to be round the next door neighbours. :(

Sky and FTA for me only.

Arkadian

Reaction score
Guys, a followup on the problem I had:

Now everything is ok.

I took the NOVA card and my CAMs to my local shop.
My IRDEDO CAM was faulty; I exchanged it and now everything is fine!!!
Apparently the NOVA card is very fussy and will only work with an official IRDETO cam.
My MATRIX RELOADED CAM (with 1.04 - in working order) and the one they had at the shop (with the latest version) would not work with the NOVA CARD...

Rolfw, thank you for your help; you really helped me to figure out that I wasn't doing anything wrong and that I actually had a hardware problem!!!

budgiesat

Reaction score
Hi I have a matrix reloaded and every thing was fine until today, hispasat as gone AWOL every 3 seconds and titanium card connex has also flown the coup any suggestions gratefully appreciated :rolleyes:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
What version of MR software are you running?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like they are all suffering similarly, apparently the providers are sending the queries to the card much more frequently and hence the stutters in decryption. The titanium Nagra file apparently works better at the moment.

budgiesat

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Looks like they are all suffering similarly, apparently the providers are sending the queries to the card much more frequently and hence the stutters in decryption. The titanium Nagra file apparently works better at the moment.

thanks for the info much appreciated

odys1234

Reaction score
Arkadian, I am from Greece too and I want to subscribe to NOVA, so do you know any shops in the UK that can provide some guidance on this? Receivers (is your Manhattan good?), CAMs, smart cards, etc....

Thanks
Best regards
Odys

Arkadian said:
Guys, a followup on the problem I had:

Now everything is ok.

I took the NOVA card and my CAMs to my local shop.
My IRDEDO CAM was faulty; I exchanged it and now everything is fine!!!
Apparently the NOVA card is very fussy and will only work with an official IRDETO cam.
My MATRIX RELOADED CAM (with 1.04 - in working order) and the one they had at the shop (with the latest version) would not work with the NOVA CARD...

Rolfw, thank you for your help; you really helped me to figure out that I wasn't doing anything wrong and that I actually had a hardware problem!!!

Arkadian

Reaction score
Hi Odys,

Where about do you live in the UK?

I live in London, and the reception is great, as if you are watching a film from a DVD! It only get's messed up when it snows (it happened last winter if you remember!).

You need a dish bigger than the standard Sky dish (for NOVA ~90cm diameter).

I'm happy with the Manhattan (Plaza 3300), but if I was to buy another receiver now, I would probably go for a Humax, mainly because of the internet support that you get. I went for the Manhattan, because at the time it had the best feautures/value combination.

I got my receiver from Parabolic Communications (www.parabolic.co.uk).
They also helped me with the problems I had with the Matrix and Irdeto Cams. These guys are based on Finchley Road; I would definitely recommend them, they helped me a lot!

I got the Matrix cam from Ebay, but it never worked with NOVA.
You should definitely get an Irdeto CAM.
I know there are some receivers out there that have the Irdeto Cam embedded - that would probably work out cheaper, but I haven't tested it myself.

Finally, I got my 6-month subscription in Greece (pre-paid card from GERMANOS). When it expired I was able to renew the subscription simply by calling them and using a UK credit card. I'm not aware of any shops that sell the NOVA cards here; even if there are any, they would be more expensive than GERMANOS anyway!

And a final note: probably you are already aware of this (but just in case): Nova transmits from the HOTBIRD satellite, and not the ASTRA (which is the one that SKY uses). I did the whole installation myself, and it took me about 2 weekends - I would recommend that you get a professional to do it for you!

I hope this was helpful - I get an email as soon as there is a new post here, and I try to reply as soon as possible.

Arkadian

odys1234 said:
Arkadian, I am from Greece too and I want to subscribe to NOVA, so do you know any shops in the UK that can provide some guidance on this? Receivers (is your Manhattan good?), CAMs, smart cards, etc....

Thanks
Best regards
Odys