Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
Hiya mates
Everything was working fine with my matrix reborn and mrb305a, but suddenly whilst watching tv, everything stopped working and the "signal coded" sign appeared on my tv. I then proceeded to insert the matrix into my laptop to check the codes and update them, but for my surprise, my laptop does not recognise the cam any more! I doesnt beep or say anything when i insert the cam. I have always been able to program it with my lappie. What has happened? My receiver says the same thing. When i try to access it from my receiver it says that there is no cam inserted, just like the laptop. What can I do? I have windows XP. Everything was working fine!! :'( Any ideas??

Thank you
GoldKat

psats

Reaction score
think the only way to fix it is with a cass interface

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
I have been trying everything i could think off and there is no way of making it work. I have been trying the cam in other laptops and it seems to work on them but it recognises the cam as MTD-002 which tbh is pretty useless. On the other hand my laptop just doesn't recognise the cam at all, just like the tv decoder. Which makes no sense to me, because I have an aston cam as well, and my laptop has no problem in recognising it, as well as my USB2.0 pcmcia card, so this means that the lappie is working fine. So it must be the matrix cam. Instead of bying a CAS i think im going to opt for another matrix cam as costs nearly halve the price of a CAS interface. Hope the new one works alrite with my lappie.

thnx very much anyway

I'll let you guys know if it works :)

GoldKat

psats

Reaction score
if you go for the new matrix cam dont put on firmware that is not updateable useing lappy ie { mrb305 } unless you have cass

the cass will repair the cam so it is recognised by the lappy