Megasat LNB's

Chesters

Member
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Zeta Receiver, Fraccaro 85cm motorized Dish
My Location
Lincoln UK
Does anyone have any experience with these (Megasat) LNB's? A signal to noise ratio of 0.1 db seems to be exceptional, and are they really any better in poor weather conditions compared to other LNB's?
I'm looking to get the best possible signal/Quality from an 85cm fraccaro dish looking at BADR3,4. I already recieve MBC but it's a bit twitchy and I am looking for any improvements that I can make without going to a bigger dish. My location is Lincoln in the UK.
 
I am not aware of any major engineering leaps in the design manufacture and production of lnbs in the past five years. Quite honestly the only major difference is the different methods each manufacturer uses to measure then brag about the performance of their lnb not allowing the consumer to make a direct comparison . Unless someone does a direct contrast and compare exercise with that lnb against another of a particular known quality you will not get an answer.
 
Which LNB are you using at present?
 
Hi Rolfw, The LNB that I have at the moment is a Nikkai twin output Universal The specs of which I do not know.
 
Hi
For a year ago i made a test of ca 15 universal LNB. I also tested the Megasat Diavolo Single 0,1dB.
In my simple hometest i find that the Megasat was one of the most crappy i ever tried.
The 0,1dB is just a way to sell, dont take that serius.

I dont know if its allowed to put up link to another forum
So i put up some of the info here.

I did my test on my T-90 and 4w and a Dreambox 7020
This i not a hightech test,just made at home.


1 MTI High Line AP8-T2NRC 0,2dB
0 Maximum V-1 0,2dB Bad quality 5 of 12 broken in 9months
2 Smart Titanium 2nd Ed TSG 0,2dB
3 Golden Interstar GI-201 0,3dB
4 Smart Titanium Edition TSX 0,2dB
5 Alps BSTE8-751B 0,4dB
6 Echosat 0,2dB
7 Digistar SF-1 0,5dB Used
8 Megasat Diavolo 0,1dB
9 MTI BlueLine AP8-T2B 0,6dB Used, 4 years old
10 MTI AP8-T2 0,6dB Used
11 Inverto SilverTech 0,2dB
12 Alps BSTE8-851A 0,6dB
13 Invacom SNH-031 0,3dB
14 Gold Edition 0,3dB
 
Back
Top