Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive been meaning to have a go at this for a while I found this page

which has zip files that neatly encapsulate all the files and folders to get up and running. The first pass ended up with a 0kb file in it which I think was a folder permissions issue so Ive tweaked the security permissions and I will leave it running overnight to see what I get.

There is some interesting stuff on that website so its worth haveing a look around

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hmm - Id forgotten to start the file write process.......

Lets see if these settings work:

Capture.PNG

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Grr still getting 0kb file sizes. Ive tried another version & installed it in a different place. More head scratching needed!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
With a bit of help from the lads on the fb group we determined the bandwidth was too low - I knocked it up to 200000, which was too much but this is my first ever Meteor image so Im pleased as anything with it . It might not be the best image ever captured but its a beginning. The top half of Scotland is clearly visible centre right between the two bands of clouds

Capture.PNG

The black line is a fault on the Meteor imaging system - it resets ever 6 or 7 minutes. The white lines are interference from the excessive bandwidth. Im trying 140,000 for the next pass.