meter readings

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
i am just about to set up my motorised dish and i got my self a digisat pro.i could see this thing looking at me all day asking to be played with anyway i give up and connected it to my sky + to see the readings.so i connected it to the two lnb lines and feed1 60.4 feed2 56.2 is this good or do i need to move the dish to get a better signal or just to leave well alone boredom wot would we do with out it.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
don said:
lnb1 60.4 lnb2 56.2

Motorised?

Why do you have two LNBs?

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
gameboy said:
Motorised?

Why do you have two LNBs?
no i'am sorry when i say two lnb's it's the lines sky+ has two feeds from one lnb it's the reading from line one and two

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
don said:
no i'am sorry when i say two lnb's it's the lines sky+ has two feeds from one lnb it's the reading from line one and two

Are you hoping to us your motorised dish for Sky+?

Have you read all the motorised dish set up stickies?

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
that would be telling
gameboy said:
Are you hoping to us your motorised dish for Sky+?

Have you read all the motorised dish set up stickies?
no mate got another set up for the motorised dish these were the read outs from my sky dish i was just testing the signal meter and was just wondering if the read outs were ok.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
don said:
i got my self a digisat pro.i could see this thing looking at me all day asking to be played with

So you've set up the motorised dish at Thor and checked the mount is 100% vertical then?

At what point did you try the meter?

Is anything working on the motorised dish?

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
that would be telling
gameboy said:
So you've set up the motorised dish at Thor and checked the mount is 100% vertical then?

At what point did you try the meter?

Is anything working on the motorised dish?
no mate lets start again i got the signal meter for when i set up the motorised dish so far got the technomate 7755 2va 2ci receiver 85cm clear poly dish stab hh120 motor and monday the invacon 0.3dB lnb. so i may set up next week see how i feel i was just trying the signal meter out on my sky+ and was just wondering if the signals were ok or do they need tweaking

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
don said:
just wondering if the signals were ok or do they need tweaking

Rule of thumb - if it isn't broke don't fix it.

If your S*y box is OK leave it and start from scratch with the motor set up.

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
that would be telling
gameboy said:
Rule of thumb - if it isn't broke don't fix it.

If your S*y box is OK leave it and start from scratch with the motor set up.
i know just need to be told cheers gameboy

J

Jeff_19341

If you are really bored and just want to play you could try flexing your $*y dish up/down and left/right to see if you get any improvement in the readings on your signal meter. That way you can then decide if you want to get over your boredom and get out the spanners;) ;) .

But if you are satisfied with your $*y reception do as gameboy says !if it aint broke don't fix it !":)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, I think that someone used to have a signature with:

anon said:
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is. :)

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
that would be telling
rolfw said:
No, I think that someone used to have a signature with:
that sounds more like a challenge to me

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
I also have a Digisat (signle lnb model only, not the twin lnb "pro", but otherwise much the same!).

When adjusting dish, just go for highest reading, on visual and/or audio, which should automatically give you the best signal, ie, highest "quality" reading on sat receiver.

For Sky digiboxes, and most other sat receivers, a reading anything above "40" should give you reliable sat reception (including during rain).

The scale reading is supposedly dBuV, but that's integrated over the entire sat i.f. band (from one lnb polarity), ie, it can't indicate separate transponders and specific muxes.

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
that would be telling
spiney said:
I also have a Digisat (signle lnb model only, not the twin lnb "pro", but otherwise much the same!).

When adjusting dish, just go for highest reading, on visual and/or audio, which should automatically give you the best signal, ie, highest "quality" reading on sat receiver.

For Sky digiboxes, and most other sat receivers, a reading anything above "40" should give you reliable sat reception (including during rain).

The scale reading is supposedly dBuV, but that's integrated over the entire sat i.f. band (from one lnb polarity), ie, it can't indicate separate transponders and specific muxes.
i had a mess with it this afternoon it was a bit windy but who cares now got both lnb readings roughly the same 58.8 59.3 thats good enough for now. fixing my pole into the ground in a couple of days time for the motorised dish.could not believe how hard it was to find somewhere to get some scaffold tube and clamps from.it has took two days searching the net but in the end found somewhere

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Fine, just peak the reading, then that's the best position for dish (or compromise position, on twin lnb).

When I got a Digisat, it seemed by far the most useful "cheaper" sat meter, showing both lnb signal and sat receiver status (which the much simpler analogue ones can't, of course!). I'm unlikely to ever use the diseqc stuff, but you never know!

PS, pole in ground? Sounds like some unavoidably hard work!