Microsoft Works Word Processor

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
While writing some letters using Microsoft Works Word Processor the address came out very faint, so much so as you could hardly see it.
The rest of the letter was fine just the section "Create A Letterhead" with senders name (this was alright) but the return address, phone & fax number, and e-mail address were very faint.

Does anyone know how I can get this section to be more bolder.
PC is running on Windows XP Home.

Thanks
Bob

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
check your font and style settings for this section.-click help,,how do I,,set fonts/bold etc..
'boxnut'

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi boxnut, I went to the letter section and clicked help and in drop down box no mention of "font and style settings".
Seeing as I'm a bit thick can you please point me in the right direction, thanks mate.

MaxPower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
XP Pro, 1.5GHz Athlon
Sky.
Technomate 1500+, 1.2m dish.
My Location
Midlands
Bob
Highlight the parts that are faint. On the tool bar at the top, next to the font name box there is a drop down box allowing you to choose the colour of the parts you have highlighted - choose a darker colour to suit your needs.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks Max, that worked alright BUT is there a way to set it up so that it will do it every-time not just once.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi Rob
Not sure with Works but page setup is normally where stuff like that is stored. In MS Word you have to edit the original template and resave as a template so that every time you use it it performs exactly how you want.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Hi Topper, Might well end up doing that. :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Done it, I'm not just a pretty face.
Go into Microsoft Works Word Processor, Select "Letters & Labels" and then click "Letters" and click "Start This Task".

Now the Letter Wizard appears so select what you want "Chose a Letter" etc, etc, and at the end click finish.
Now you are presented with a letter template so on the address (or any other section you what to change) position the mouse marker just before and holding down left side of mouse, move over the section you want to change till it is all covered.

Now change the font, size, and colour and when finished left click an empty section of the page.
You will be asked if you want to save your changes, and also if you want to use it as a future template.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Glad you are sorted Rob
I bought my daughter's PC with Microsoft Works on it and she refused point blank to use it. Good job I was able to get her a pucker educational copy of MS Office 2003 through my wife's place of employment for £20.00. My daughter will have to stop using it if my wife loses her job though.:rolleyes:

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
toppervte33h said:
I was able to get her a pucker educational copy of MS Office 2003 through my wife's place of employment for £20.00. My daughter will have to stop using it if my wife loses her job though.:rolleyes:
Are you sure about that? I thought that you had to satisfy the conditions at the time of purchase and that was all.

Think about it. You're a student who buys an educational copy, uses it whilst at college and then graduates. Surely one wouldn't then be expected to cease using it?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well that is what the blurb says but lets be honest isn't Bill rich enough yet? and who gives a ({})

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
sorry my rep was so vague,couldn't remember how to mod templates...
with my years , I worry bout recalling my own name-lol-
'boxnut'