minimum dish size Vienna 4 Astra1 & 2

markb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Hi,
I've just moved to Vienna and want to get my sky setup. The landlord of the house has agreed that I can get a satellite installed as he also wants a feed from astra 1. After speaking to a couple of installers a few seem to think a)the angle is too great or :cool: I will need a 1m dish.

After searching the site I've noticed that some ppl have 2 lnb's on just a 60cm dish so don’t see why the 1m is necessary - the coverage looks as good as the UK from Astra footprints.

Can anyone advise what dish size I'll need and that the angle is not too great?

Thanks in advance
Mark

PS - Does anyone know a good installer in Vienna?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at the dish survey further down the page Mark, there is some information there that should help. I would have thought that a larger dish than 60cm would be required, even if you were looking purely at 28.2 degrees, but as you're looking at two feeds a 90cm to 1 metre may be better. You may find that the Astra 2D signals will be on the weak side in Vienna, but the 19.2 should be fine.

Rolf