missing canal blauw

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i came home fropm work to find my receiver had locked up on the dutch canal blauw. now i cant get it at all. i can still receive canal rood. is this happening to everyone? any advise would be welcome. incidently for the last week or so ive lost all the french canal channels

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried a rescan on that transponder Doggy?

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
yes i lost blauw today aswell, still getting rood + everything else. sometimes the french channels have been taking a little longer to load but they have been coming on.

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
thanks rolfw i´ll try that after the gers game on hrt2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you both running Humax receivers?

I've seen a couple of other reports from Humax users saying the same, but none from users of other receivers.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive tried a rescan but it didnt work. im using an xtreme pvr with the latest tetra software.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like it's gone Doggy.

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
i tried a rescan to about 10 mins ago, no luck. i´m using a nextwave 2500 ucas

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It does appear that Cnal Plus are upgrading the channels over the next few days to the Irdeto2 encryption only . .Canal Blue is the first to drop Irdeto 1

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Blauw has gone on my Humax. I'm using ToH 3.1, Pet123 from Voith Driver and DaveM's Funcard. All Canal+ France channels are clearing at the moment.

Last time I used Xamuh's settings and files Canal+ France wouldn't clear reliably, but Canal+ NL has always cleared without problem.

As previously posted, part of my problem was due to ploarisation problems. Changing the LNB cured them.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Polarisation problems now ?
Are the symptoms just the loss of one polarity and if so , is it at both low and high frequencies ?

I am at a loss to figure out how your system is 'eating ' LNBs up at such an alarming rate

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
Canal+ blauw is now Seca 2 & Irdeto 2 only, rood & 16:9 will follow.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
@ Channel Hopper

It's only the two you know about! I was just remarking that some of the problems over the past few weeks were cured by replacing the LNB.

What I can't understand is why the failure to lock on is not consistent across all V polarised channels. Unless it's frequency related, as you suggest. I suppose I'll have to go out in the rain and wind, up onto the garage roof, exchange the LNB's and then fiddle with the Humax to find out which channels are affected. Hmmmm. On the other hand, I could just sit in front of the fire for the afternoon.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Rolf has taken similar LNBs for his use, so far only your first returned one is in the reject bin (I hevnt even checked is as I was sure it might be a one off)

There is a chance what you have is another outside effect, problematic F plug, damage to the cable that affects only a particular frequency, even a drop of moisture in the cable at one particular point

Ill take it home and put it through its paces at the weekend.(though I hear we are in for another drenching SaturdaySunday )

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problems with the 5 or 6 that I've installed so far. :)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I'll see what I can do about a frequency check. I'm down for Christmas shopping tomorrow, but Sunday might give me chance to get on to the roof.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I've done a quick check of frequencies on King of Sat. Canal+ France (11856V) and Sky News (11597V) gave problems. Superpippa (11200V) has always cleared. The problems all seem to occur on V polarised channels and occurred only after the LNB had been in place for some time. I was very pleased with the performance of the LNB when first installed as it gave better reception on weak channles such as those on 1 deg W.

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
lost c+rood. french channels are still o.k.

freebird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Loughborough Leicestershire
If anyone had taken the time to read my posting in the Irdeto Forum
on the 28/09/03 about Red and Blue changing to Irdeto 2 only
Then it would not have been a suprise.