Missing Favourites

Old Fella

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex
Hi
I wonder if anyone out their can help me with this problem.
Following a local power cut I have been unable to use the favourites funcyion on my Sky+ box.
When I try to set a favourite I get the following message "There is a technical fault Please try later".
So far I have tried a software sytem reset from the install menu, a software update from the install menu as described by rolfw and lastly a power-on system reboot using the process described so completely by net1 using the navigation buttons but all with the same result namely I still have the problem.

Given what I've already done the favourites are probably stored in some nv ram somewhere so is their the equvalent of a cmos battery link as in P/Cs that will clear the ram??
Any help greatfully received

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Have you checked that you still have the favourite channels still ticked (Servuces - Favorite Channels)? If they are still there try deleting them (yellow button and finally select) and then reinstallinng them.

PaulR

Old Fella

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex
Hi Paul

No the problem occurs as soon as I try to select option 7 from the menu so there is no chance to delete them.
If I press the Favourites button when watching a channel I get the message explaining how to set up the favourites option which kind of suggests that the box thenks they don't exist.
Prior to the problem I had the maximum number of favourites set (30? I think).
System details are:
Pace Box, Model # 2.057A2, Ver # 9F2106, O/S Ver 1.3OBF, EPG Sky+ 1.26 v2.

Any further ideas greatfully accepted.
The Old Fella