MM, Gold Card and an Elvis

network75

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Still a newbie to digital but making solid progress - mainly down to this forum!

Anyway, I've successfully loaded Penta 1.1 on the MM. I'm using a Manhattan 5500 and an earlier post by someone confrmed that this macine will work with a MM.

I currently have my dish pointing at 13 deg East.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the best way I can use what I've got so at least I can confirm that my MM setup will work with my receiver.

Looking forward to your replies guys!

Steve thomas

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi Steve,
going off memory, I would have thought your set up should get the French Ab-sat package(XXl, Zik, Calle 13 etc) and at least one of the BBC Prime channels. AB Motures is another good one if you like a kind of "Top Gear meets Eurosport" type of channel and you should also scan through the transponders for M6 (I think) which shows a few movies that, if you jiggle with the sound settings on your Manhatten should produce an English soundtrack.Hope this helps,

Dom.

network75

Reaction score
Dom

Thanks for your help. I can pick up a couple of these channels but they're encrypted. What I can't work out is what to stick in the MM to make it work!!

Cheers. Steve.

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi Steve,
how did you load penta onto the cam? It might be worth loading Matrix reloaded onto the Magic Module, that's what I 've done (using a cas+ programmer) but you can also use a couple of fun6 cards or even a laptop with the right drivers and a pcmia(?) slot. I've read that others on the board have done this with success, my only experiance is with the cas+ though.Also, is your dish motorised? Some good stuff on thor at 1w and hispasat at 30w, using Matrix Reloaded and a Titanium card. The Goldcard is a bit long in the tooth now so it might be worth getting a couple of funcards or even a Titanium card, I've good results from the titanium. Stay lucky and give the old credit card a sound thrashing......

Dom

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
A fun6 card will cost £8 or so , when loaded with a 6 in 1 file + your MM you will get lots of channels. I must say that 13E is starting to dry up a bit, only a few 6 in 1 channels left, still worth having.

BTW we have no files here, but there are places to go to get them, just ask of you need help.

network75

Reaction score
2 replies within the hour - fantastic !!

Razor

I'll get a Funcard, I was thinking of it anyway. You say 13E is drying up for the 6 in 1. Where is the best?

Dom

I loaded the Penta 1.1 using a programmer I had with the MM module but, like you, I have been reading about using a PCMCIA slot on a laptop. Because the software seemed to load ok (it took about 20 mins) I didnt see the need to experiment.

My 1.2 M dish is motorised and I have pointed it at 1W. I had a great signal for 1 transponder but the MM didnt clear the encryption

Guys

Please keep posting - its a great help and I'm determined to crack this b**t**d

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi Steve
treat yourself to a Titanium card and beg, borrow or steal (or in extreme cases buy) a phoenix/ smartmouse serial programmer and download titprogger from the forum. And have look at my posts Everest Complex, Everest Basecamp and Everest Summit which is the story of how a young man grew old over a matter of weeks chasing his dream of maxing out the egg card and single handedly kick started the stalled economy of the satellite retail industry..... oh all right I spent a couple of quid!!!!

Dom

network75

Reaction score
Dom

Very compelling post - I'll certainly persue it. I've read lots of the Titanium card, I'm aware of the Phoenix programmer( going back to my old D2Mac days) but Everest?? New to me.

Steve

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
network75 said:
2 replies within the hour - fantastic !!

Razor

I'll get a Funcard, I was thinking of it anyway. You say 13E is drying up for the 6 in 1. Where is the best?

Dom

I loaded the Penta 1.1 using a programmer I had with the MM module but, like you, I have been reading about using a PCMCIA slot on a laptop. Because the software seemed to load ok (it took about 20 mins) I didnt see the need to experiment.

My 1.2 M dish is motorised and I have pointed it at 1W. I had a great signal for 1 transponder but the MM didnt clear the encryption

Guys

Please keep posting - its a great help and I'm determined to crack this b**t**d

Did not know you where motorised, since you are, and with 1.2m on the wall everywhere is best. With MM, TiT card, and fun6 card you have it all.