MMOV Channels

G

Gazzah

Does anyone know what sort of cam i need to view the MMOV channels on Hotbird?

Does anyone know where the codes are so that you can program a card to access these channels?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've just looked on the Lyngsat site and couldn't see the channels you mention Gaz', have a look here http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/europe.shtml it may provide an answer.

Rolf

M

Mike16

Try a Viaccess card. I had a problem with one pic. Great picture, but no sound. I changed "brand" of pic and had no problem. Links to the keys are available from the keys fourm.

Mike

G

Gazzah

I do have a Viaccess cam and card which works fine for the 7 Multi channels, but not for the MMOV channels. The shop i purchased my card from did say it would work for the MMOV but despite them changing the card on a number of occassions it still will not work :(

I wondered if it could be that you needed am Irdeto cam for the MMOV channels but obviously not.

Perhaps when i get my programmer and work out how to use it, i will be able to do my own card to view the MMOV channels. Is the Viaccess file on Phills site a good one to try and program my card with? It is a STRSH one?

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
They are not tv channels. Ther are test channels which broadcast zilch. Like all those channels named as telephone numbers.
Hope you understand.

G

Gazzah

Not sure about that Shahid, i dont think thay are test channels. I am sure i have seen films in the title box that does work on my receiver. Unfortunately all i get is the title of the film displayed but no picture. :(

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I haven't watched them for months, but previously these were part of the Greek Nova/Hellas package - presumably still are. They are Movie channels. But Nova has switched to the Irdeto2 system and there is no hack for that yet in the public domain.

2old

G

Gazzah

Thanks for your reply 2old, it's a shame they have switched to Irdeto2 system and that there is no hack :( I never actually got to watch any of the channels but from what i see of the titles they feature really up to date movies. Oh well, i'll just have to continue with Palco, Tequilla and Kiosque movie channels. Do you know of any other movie channels similar to these that i might be able to pick up on Astra/Hotbird with either an Aston 1.03 or Viaccess cam?

Regards
Gary

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The French Multivision channels (provider TPS on Hotbird).
If you have Irdeto, you may like to know that PremiereWorld also does a series of NVOD channels.
And if you had access to the Sirius sat you would have the Viaccess "Ticket" series of channels too. The Viaccess Cinema1/2/3 and TV1000 1/2/3 channels there also show good movies.
2old

G

Gazzah

Thanks again 2old. I already get the Multivision channels (TPS) but dont really rate them because they always seem to be in a foreign language.

Unfortunately i don't have an Irdeto cam, just a Aston and Viaccess cam. Do you think it would be worth getting a Irdeto cam for the Premierworld channels? Are these channels on hotbird? Do they show up to date movies etc?

I have 2 fixed dishes setup, one pointing at Astra nd the other at Hotbird. So unfortunately i don't have access to Sirius and miss out on TV1000 etc.

Talking of channels do you know if it is possible to view Premiere Sport on Astra? I like to watch alot of golf and from the titles it looks like this channel broadcasts alot of golf coverage. Or do you know of any other good sports channels other than the Canal + ones etc?

Cheers again
Gaz

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The Premiere World Sports stuff is indeed watchable with a hobby card and Irdeto CAM - assuming it is an "allCAM" (ie capable of receiving the Irdeto variant "Betacrypt" that PW uses).
I wouldn't bother buying such a CAM for the NVOD stuf if you are only interested in English-languavge channels - the Germans dub everything. There were two NVOD channels which broadcast the original soundtracks but I believe they too now only broadcast the lipsynched version.

Note: if nature films are your bag, several of the the TPS Multivision channels switch to that late night.

2old

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not more wild animal shows ?

The French packages do show films in whats called VO or Version Originale. At least once a month the film will have the normal soundtrack and have subtitling. Unlike German which is always dubbed (except 3Sat when it shows Monty Python or Fawlty Towers)

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi Gazzah,

Those MMOV channels are part of The Stream package, I use an irdeto freecam with strsh irdeto file and DS9 file to receive the channels last night, however all the films films are dubbed into Italian, but they do show late night nature films as well.

Regards

Prince

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I stand corrected - thought they were in the Nova package. Indeed, the channels with MMOV idents are actually the "Primafila Cinema" channels.
http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/stream.shtml

2old

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
must be getting old !

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Yes Hes getting too old 4 this :7
heheheehe but hes still a genius.

oh yes when are you going to hack videoguard 2old :)
i was hoping to get an early christmas present

:p :-ohmy :p :7 :+ :p :-ohmy :p :7 :+
:p :-ohmy :p :7 :+ :p :-ohmy :p :7 :+ :-ohmy :p :7

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think the expression "don't hold your breath" springs to mind s*t*a*r*m*a*n, I would also not be surprised if in the event of such a thing happening, they already have a contingecy plan for sending out new cards with an updated encryption. VideoGuard II, has a certain ring to it :)

Rolf