Monobloc on 60cm dish

lordgarretty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BskyB and PC
Has anybody tried running a monobloc through a 60cm dish? I'm in south London and don't want to stick another dish up for Hotbird and 19E and wondered what my chances are of getting decent reception and pic quality.

gasth404

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat3500CUCIsuper
+Manhattan5900
+HumaxVA-ACI
motorised dish
My Location
Baltics
Better use 2separat LNB-s in one dish or motor. You can use monoblock but it must be for 60cm dish - normally they work well with 80cm dish and with60cm you lose in signal quality. With 2 separate LNB-s in one dish just put dish to Astra and add additional LNB for HB. You need one "Multifeed Holder" for that.

lordgarretty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BskyB and PC
Cheers gasth404
I can get good signal stregth and qaulity through a 43cm minidish on both 19 East and Hotbird. Just thought if I upped the dish size slightly, to 60cm, and fitted the monobloc, I would be able to run both sats through my Technisat box.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
I haven't actually done this, but in theory it should be fine, since both monobloc lnb horns are still very close to the dish focus point, and there should be little signal reduction on either one.

(There would be a bigger problem with Astra2 and Astra1, using twin lnbs, since their angular separation is much greater than Astra1 and Hotbird, then you'd need more gain on Astra 2, probably requiring a 80cm dish, at least if you wanted to receive when it's raining!).

gasth404

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat3500CUCIsuper
+Manhattan5900
+HumaxVA-ACI
motorised dish
My Location
Baltics
Problem is not how big our dishes are but for what size dish is monoblock build up. When signal is so strong it can work with another size dishes to. But cheaper and safe is use 2 separate LNB-s. Because when in future You want one another satellite then its easy turn one LNB for example from HB to Eutelsat.