Monobloc Setup Help

JCartney

Reaction score
I'm just about to install a monobloc to receive 19.2E and 13E and, after doing a bit of reading up online, I've totally confused myself regarding satellite positions and what goes where.

I've had my fixed dish pointed at various satellites over the years. At 1W in the days of d2mac, at Hotbird and Astra at 19.2E (which is where it's pointing now and has been for some time). Whenever I wanted to move my dish from it's position at 19.2E to either Hotbird or 1W I would stand behind the dish and move it to the right. What's confusing me is that in pictures and descriptions of monobloc setups I've been reading, it appears it's the other way round i.e. standing behind the dish, 19.2E is to the right of 13E, as in the attached picture. (credit to original picture taker).

So, can anyone help ease my confusion and tell me what I'm missing here.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

• Picture011-2.jpg
    Picture011-2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 33

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi, take a browse below, should answer your questions. Explanation applies to monobloc or multi-LNb offset arrangement >

Offset LNb & monobloc guide

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, as shown in the guide above, as the signal is reflected, everything is the opposite of what you would expect. :)

JCartney

Reaction score
Ah, it makes sense now. I've setup the monobloc as shown, entered the details into ProgDVB and am now getting good signals from both 19.2E and 13E. Thanks to you both for the help.