monoblock installation astra/hotbird

theocat999

Reaction score
I'm a newbie, and had an astra/hotbird system installed last week. After some research, i opted for an 80cm mesh dish with monoblok lnb. Only problem is, the guy who installed it (supposedly a professional), could get hotbird but not astra. After much headscratching and a cup of tea - he gave up and decided to come back this week with a new lnb (haven't paid him yet).

After reading posts on this forum i'm convinced he has mounted the lnb the wrong way round - with the astra receiver in the bracket (on left from behind). Shouldn't the hotbird receiver normally be in the bracket for a monoblok?

theocat999

Reaction score
To clarify, looking into the dish, the left lnb is in the bracket, and presumably tuned to Hotbird. This means the other one is presumably aligned to 7E instead of 19E. Can someone set me right on how this should be set up?

Thanks

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
theocat999 said:
To clarify, looking into the dish, the left lnb is in the bracket, and presumably tuned to Hotbird. This means the other one is presumably aligned to 7E instead of 19E. Can someone set me right on how this should be set up?

Thanks
Place a wet cloth over the other LNB ,and if you still still receive Hotbird, then the Monoblock has to be reversed i.e the LNB on the left (not the bracketed one) will get you Astra (assuming the dish is correctly aligned).
Llew

theocat999

Reaction score
Thanks Joe, sounds like you had a good time sorting everything out! I'll have a go this weekend, weather permitting.

Theo