More inventive drama please

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I have been renting the old TV show Thriller which was screened in the early to mid 1970s.

It ran for 43 episodes, and it was as inventive as it was extremely crazy at times. It's finding a new audience to DVD rentals, which is good.

But I reflect with fondness on this type of television. Where are the new TV concepts like Thriller, or Play For Today?

As much as I do like to tune into Big Brother, I very rarely watch reality TV. I find it boring and cheap, and worst still it makes "stars" out of people with little or no talent.

Yes, there are dramas being made today, but they often have s_x, violence and good looking people to draw viewers. What happened to the well-crafted story, and character acting? :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, I too lament the passing of one-off plays such as Armchair Theatre.

Splitting a good drama over two consecutive days as they do often, always seems to be anticlimatic.

Regular scheduling as in the case of serials isn't so bad when the storyline can be paced accordingly.

Llew

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
They were often brilliant written and very original, if not a bit nutty. :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Drama is horribly expensive to make. Which is why the schedules are full of cheap reality shows and big brother type crap these days..

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Much better listening to a good play on radio. Imagination rules :)