Help Required Motor does not move

H

Henrik Andersen

My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish, Stab HH90 motor, Zgemma H9S
My Location
Denmark
Post all your settings (photos would help) for him to cross check against to see what he has maybe missed somewhere.
It is not the same motor. So maybe not interesting. Just tried with a VU+ Zero and that cannot move the motor either.
Something is very very wrong.
I have another motor brand arriving in a few couple of days. In the meantime I am returning all the other items I have tried.
The motor coming is a Amiko DM3800.
I hope this will do the trick.

M

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
What image is loaded on your VU+ Zero?
Can you please post your tuner configuration settings from the VU+ Zero.
If you use openwebif, by typing your receivers assigned IP address, into your PC's browser, you can then use the openwebif remote, to navigate the receivers menu, and grab screen shots, which you can upload.
If you can load Open Black Hole 4.1, I can help you with the settings, although I have to use Diseqc 1.2, due to having a 1224 motor, which uses 4 wires.

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
It is not the same motor. So maybe not interesting. Just tried with a VU+ Zero and that cannot move the motor either.
Something is very very wrong.
I have another motor brand arriving in a few couple of days. In the meantime I am returning all the other items I have tried.
The motor coming is a Amiko DM3800.
I hope this will do the trick.

That looks like the one I have here, Amiko is a clone brand.

The dish will be about 30cms lower on the pole so adjust accordingly

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
It will behave differently from the Stab you have, which will determine if the indoor equipment really is the issue.

Before installing outside connect it inside a short piece of cable (along with a spare L N B just to verify it turns and responds to the receiver commands.

H

Henrik Andersen

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
It will behave differently from the Stab you have, which will determine if the indoor equipment really is the issue.

Before installing outside connect it inside a short piece of cable (along with a spare L N B just to verify it turns and responds to the receiver commands.
That was my plan :)

H

Henrik Andersen

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
Latest news

If anyone still follows this thread then I can tell that the Amiko 3800 motor works.
The zgemma H9S is working with that motor.
But, if anyone is interested, the motor section of the zgemma is NOT able to move the motor. The turn east and turn west function has no effect on the motor. It only turns when ask to move to a USAL position. But that works - thanks God.

Last edited:
A

a33

My Satellite Setup
XSAT410
Clarketech HD4100+
My Location
NL
That is good news!
So Channel Hopper was right about checking with other brand motors!
Though I'm puzzled by it: what diseqc commands are sent, then, by the Zgemma?

For USALS it might be this difference: USALS/ GotoX; Raw diseqc commands
But for other Move-commands, I'm not aware that there would be another set of commands.
Alas, only a diseqc reader would tell what commands the Zgemma sends......

I'd keep another receiver at reserve that can do 'normal' diseqc 1.2 commands if i were you. So you can do fine-tuning, if needed, and probably a GotoRef (= Goto 0 )if you wish.

Greetz,
A33

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
Good to hear you have a functioning motorised system.

Now to find out why two Stab rotors suffer the same issues, where are you hpgetting them from and what paperwork / stickers/ approval comes with them ?

Additioally try the VU+ zero on the new actuator, as per post 51,
Motor does not move - SatsUK

X

xenna

My Satellite Setup
Zegmma H9S
My Location
Romania
Hi Henrik,
I have the exactly same problem as you. I replaced the old Strong DM2100 with the Amiko DM3800 positioner. I did the sample without the antenna with the Zegmma H9S receiver and it only worked when changing the channels, but it did not take any command from the receiver. I mounted the antenna, worked 2-3 times, but then it did not work at all.
I ordered a low power Inverto Eco LNB in the hope that I could still use the engine.
Now that I can move the antenna I connected the old Dreambox DM500 in series with Zegmma but I do not really like this combination.
I will post after I receive the new LNB with low consumption.
I made a complaint on the Zegmma site in China and England.