Advice Needed Motorised Dish not finding 28.5 East PLEASE HELP!!

AdamWB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Dish on Motorhome driven by Dreambox 500
My Location
UK
Hi I bought a setup from IPCopter a few years back when I was travelling a lot in my Motorhome. Since 3 and 4G coverage got so good I only use my Dish for TV. The Dish itself has a twin LNB one for Internet and one for TV. It used to be fine but a few months back for some reason I ask it to find Astra 2. (28.5 east) and it just doesn't do what it should. Sometimes the dish comes up half way, sometimes it will scan left and right but not move up or down in the small increments that it should until it finds a signal. IPCopter have said that 28.5 have changed their frequency and this is the reason and even sent me a replacement dreambox to remedy it. Didn't work. It still has the same problem. I thought it was the motors on the dish itself are wearing out, but it points and moves fine for other satellites!

Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

I am ready to replace the dish with a more modern setup, maybe a dome but as I spent over £2000 4 years ago and only want freesat, I would prefer to sort the issue if I can before needing to fork out another load of cash. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff. Could it be a transponder issue? Does the tansponder have to be exactly right to pick up a signal? There are so many!
Any help or just advice will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Adam WB

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Hi Adam and welcome to the forum. In short, yes it will be a transponder change that's effecting the system. I'd have a look through the manual (if you have one) and see if there's a way of reprogramming the system to search for an active transponder. I think you may find the following link to a thread on here about motorhome systems useful. (the posts later in the thread will be more informative I think, as they'll relate to the latest changes)

www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/magicsat-not-locking-on-to-astra-28-2e.133892/