Motorised Disk Setup

abacas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70 cm eliptical dish,stab HH 90 motor,Octo LNB,scaffold pole mast ,receiver fortec star innovation.Also mounted on the same mast below the motor dish static sky disk for 3 other receivers.
My Location
Ipswich Suffolk
I'm glad to see that I am not the only being driven mad setting up their motorised disk. This was a first time for me and following your guide to the word with the dish pointing to thor 1*W I enabled USALS and the disk went mad. I decided to start again choosing to set the disk as a manual disk pointing due south as close as possible using a compass.
Using my satellite finder I quickly found a fairly strong signal.I then went to my receiver set up the antenna for thor 1*W "nothing" so I moved through the satellites and found that my satfinder had in fact picked up Eurobird 9 9*E. I scanned for channels and picked up about 20 or programs.From this I guessed I was about 10* out so I moved the dish what I thought was 10* tried thor again nudging the disk cm by cm without success.Virtually all the bolts on the disk are now only fingertight and I am not sure what angle my dish should be to the motor.
My location is Lat: 52:05:53N (52.09797)
Lon: 1:04:32E (1.07544)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the dish went mad when you sent the dish to Thor, then you either have set your coordinates incorrectly, or the motor is faulty. If you send it to reference point, does it return it to zero?

abacas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70 cm eliptical dish,stab HH 90 motor,Octo LNB,scaffold pole mast ,receiver fortec star innovation.Also mounted on the same mast below the motor dish static sky disk for 3 other receivers.
My Location
Ipswich Suffolk
Yes that is what I did and it returned to the static point.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry don't understand, if you put in your longitude in USALS as 1 East and send the dish to 1 West (the motor should be on zero to start with) then it should move approximately 2 degrees. Then you find 1 West by moving the whole lot on the mast and the dish declination.

abacas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ipswich Suffolk
I'm sorry rolfw. Iam out of my depth on this. I just want to restart from scratch with the basic settings I need.

dago

Reaction score
hi m8; this time of the year thor is at 1pm. point the dish at the sun and then all you have to do is move the dish up or down till you get the best
signal! after that you can set up your motor.
good luck.
regards.

abacas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ipswich Suffolk
Thanks Dago,
That I can relate to!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I would suggest taking the motor down and connecting it via a short lead to the receiver. Check that it operates correctly. If it does not, read the manual, following any motor reset instructions it gives. Once you have a working motor, you will not have problems if you follow the guide.