motorised set up and dreambox500

pablopist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s 80cm motorised dish ***** darkmotor +sky dish on freesat
My Location
england
ok spent a long time reading posts on forum ,then took the plunge and have purchased 80cm solid dish ***** dark motor and titanium lnb put up this sat/morn and since then weather has been against me

But here are my problems i can only get a lock on a few sats thor1 is strong signal and scans ok hotbird at 13e is strong signal good picture but if i try for 19.2e or 28.2e freesat cant get a lock singnal snr63-70 gain 90+ but ber starts to climb its at 0 on the others did get a few channels on 28.2e bbcnews and gospel only

Also the dreambox instructions are so poor gotox if ticked doesnt appear to work well but i can manually move the dish no problem at all

is it time to try and find a sat installer in the stoke-on-trent area ?
also has anybody tried the darkbox recieverhd version they are cheap at 75 quid ?:mad:

mattsnapper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishes : T90, 1.2m dish , motorized 80cm , 60cm dishes & 1.8 prime focus

Receivers : French DIVA HD for french telly and AZ Premium HD+ box

Current project : rebuild the satellite farm in the garden

2011 : C Band
My Location
shrewsbury
since a big gust of wind about a month ago one of my sats did cart wheels down the garden. Its now back operational but last week just putting a 2p under one of the feet got me signals on ArabSat I could only see on listings. Getting the channels you mention are quite 'easy' as they are strong signals. Tweaking everything which sometimes takes hours can result in an extra 400 channels from the sat arc in the sky - but weather plays a big part too.

If you have a new system, Id suggest wait until there are clear skies and no wind. Before you even plug in your dreambox into the electricity socket I can not emphasise the importance of getting your dish pole 100% plum and then getting all the angles on the dish and motor and then skew of the lnb adjusted to gain optimum channels. Start with BBC on Thor and play and tweak until you get the max possible. Move it to a sat in the W and play around, then E. Then find a sat blind. If you cant then readjust the angles of the motor or dish or skew. If lucky it can take a mere 3 mins. If you are unlucky it can take you all weekend. Pay for a sat man but its more rewarding when you do it yourself.

Wait till the weather clears. I live in Shrewsbury and if Stoke is anything like here this weekend then simply forget it.

pablopist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s 80cm motorised dish ***** darkmotor +sky dish on freesat
My Location
england
Ok just a quick update spent a few hours on the pc coupled to dreambox and went thro everything again then today had half a day off and reset the dish on correct lattitude and declination while set on thor 0.8w , and with only minor adjustment got 96 signal 97 agc and 0ber well happy and glad i didnt pay for installer to check thanks for advice mattsnapper

meibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
Albania
I have Superjack diseqc 1.2 and download the lastest pet123 chanel configuration and its work for me even its hard to manually setup the list of mottors

meibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
Albania
I have Superjack diseqc 1.2 and download the lastest pet123 chanel configuration and its work for me even its hard to manually setup the list of mottors