Motorised System: GU12 Postcode

ak1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky hd. 37 inch Samsung with home theatre.
My Location
hampshire
Good evening.
Looking to get a 60cm or 80cm motorised system installed, probably on my roof.
I own the property and it is a mid terrace with a south east facing garden.
Will just be a simple motorised dish install, cable run down the back wall and into the living room. Also require a diseqc switch to switch between my current sky setup and the motorised dish.
Anyone able to help me out?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You can't use your Sky receiver with a motorised dish - you need a dedicated receiver for that. You won't need a DiSEqC switch.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yup keep the Sky system completely separate to the motorised dish, or it'll all go horribly pear shaped with the Sky box.

ak1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
I'll be gettiing a spiderbox to run alongside my sky. i should've mentioned My sky will be on the existing dish with the motorised dish setup on the roof

ak1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Thx. I'll be using a spiderbox for the motorised dish and leaving my sky setup well alone. So i'll have a sky mini dish and the motorised system seperate on the roof. But yes i think you're right. I won't need a diseqc switch.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It's just within my capture range.

What exactly are you looking to receive, as this will determine the dish position off the wall. I would fit the larger of the two dishes as a normal requirement, but running two cables (one through the motor and one direct from the LN:cool: may help with some of the channels that are outside the footprint.

ak1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Channel Hopper said:
It's just within my capture range.What exactly are you looking to receive, as this will determine the dish position off the wall. I would fit the larger of the two dishes as a normal requirement, but running two cables (one through the motor and one direct from the LN:cool: may help with some of the channels that are outside the footprint.
Hi. I am looking to receive as much as possible. There is a pretty clear view east and west from my roof but looking to hide the dish in a gulley between my roof and neighbors roof. Some houses in the area have done it and neighbor is ok with itNo disecq switch needed actually, just about an 80cm mororised rush installed on the vertical gulley wall between houses. Cable run down, through the wall into living room.Thx

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
OK, if you are OK with me supplying/installing the outdoor equipment and cable, and you buy the receiver, I can install.

If I can get access to the wall without trouble on the day I estimate the cost of setting it up to work ( I would bring another receiver to show you how it all works, then let you loose with the Spiderbox) to be just under 340 pounds inclusive of the six hours/travel or so.

Kit would consist of 80cm Orbital, Technomate motor, Inverto 0.2LNB, suitable wall mount, bolts and CT100 cable with plugs. Satellites received would be whatever I can find on the day, limited by your viewing angles.

ak1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Hi again channel hopper. Sorry, I have been rather busy of late so couldn't reply to your pm. Had a water leak and been trying to sort it. I have actually had a change of heart about the dish. I am thinking now of a 80 cm mesh dish with 9e,13e,19.2e and 28.2e. I have been doing some reading up and apparently it is possible. It'll replace my existing sky dish which has a quad lnb. 2 feeds from quad going into sky box, then the rest with single lnb into diseqc switch and into my box. Can you quote me for dish, 3 single lnb, diseqc switch, bracketry and installation? Also, is it possible for the dish to be offset to the left? The larger dish will overhang my neighbors garden so would like to know if there is a bracket that offsets the dish to one side, maybe about 30cm? Thanks again

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Sorry, been rather busy this week.

When you say 'on the roof' where abouts are you thinking ?
Where is the current dish fitted ? (It might be worth taking some photos so I can have a good look)

It is not good practice to install something as large as an 80 cm dish on a modern style chimney, even though it has been done before. The area, (and therefore windloading) is around four times that of the smaller dish.
Servicing is also hampered should anything fail/shift up there.

ak1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Install done. Can mod move it to job done please. Thanks.