motorised system problems with technomate 5400

kinggo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400
90 cm motorised dish
My Location
galway ireland
hi just got this motorised system 90 cm dish . all set up but getting no or bad signal, even though i find a strong signal while moving dish and save , still no picture when i change sat it moves on its own but still the same no signal , please help

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Can you supply more info regarding the setup. Did you install it? Has it ever worked? Was it set up on DISEqC 1.2 or USALS? (assume 1.2 as you mention moving and saving), What satellites are you getting?, what motor is it?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
kinggo said:
hi just got this motorised system 90 cm dish . all set up but getting no or bad signal, even though i find a strong signal while moving dish and save , still no picture when i change sat it moves on its own but still the same no signal , please help
Yes you need to slow down, check everything over and read the user's manual until everything is understood clearly.

Just take your time ! ;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
kinggo said:
Yes you need to slow down, check everything over and read the user's manual until everything is understood clearly.

Just take your time ! ;)

kinggo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400
90 cm motorised dish
My Location
galway ireland
thanks guys, its a diseqc h-h motor, technomate 5400 ci+usb reciever,will do everything again to make sure , do i need a card as have none

kinggo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400
90 cm motorised dish
My Location
galway ireland
thanks guys, its a diseqc h-h motor, technomate 5400 ci+usb reciever,will do everything again to make sure , do i need a card as have none

kinggo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400
90 cm motorised dish
My Location
galway ireland
i find a good signal on thor 1 west for example save it go to chanel and still no signal , and yes i set it up yesterday so never worked,seem to get all satailites

kinggo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400
90 cm motorised dish
My Location
galway ireland
i find a good signal on thor 1 west for example save it go to chanel and still no signal , and yes i set it up yesterday so never worked,seem to get all satailites

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Signal strength doesn't mean much what is the signal quality?

which instructions did you use to set it up on the arc?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Signal strength doesn't mean much what is the signal quality?

which instructions did you use to set it up on the arc?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
kinggo said:

Kingo, 1' West (Thor) is always the best starting point when aligning a dish here in the UK. I trust also that the mount is horizontally & vertically plumb? The top box comes with satellites programmed into it so on the USALS settings it should quite easily find 1'West.

In the setup menu once you see the signal bars indicating good strength. then press the scan button, once the channel scan reaches 100% then select & save.

Sat top boxes are a bit like computors the more you play about with them the more you learn how to use them, thats why I said in my earlier post to read the user manual carefully!

If you still have any problems keep posting we'll get there in the end! :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
kinggo said:

Kingo, 1' West (Thor) is always the best starting point when aligning a dish here in the UK. I trust also that the mount is horizontally & vertically plumb? The top box comes with satellites programmed into it so on the USALS settings it should quite easily find 1'West.

In the setup menu once you see the signal bars indicating good strength. then press the scan button, once the channel scan reaches 100% then select & save.

Sat top boxes are a bit like computors the more you play about with them the more you learn how to use them, thats why I said in my earlier post to read the user manual carefully!

If you still have any problems keep posting we'll get there in the end! :)

kinggo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400
90 cm motorised dish
My Location
galway ireland
hi guys, i'm getting there slowly just takes time, when i get a good signal i do a blind search and seem to find lots of chanels but only 20 % work some scrambled some no signal,
i set up the arc by setting both elevation and declination using table which came with it,

kinggo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400
90 cm motorised dish
My Location
galway ireland
hi guys, i'm getting there slowly just takes time, when i get a good signal i do a blind search and seem to find lots of chanels but only 20 % work some scrambled some no signal,
i set up the arc by setting both elevation and declination using table which came with it,

Martial

Boratland
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI super, Diablo Wireless, cas interface 3, viaccess smit cam,
Fixed Hotbird 13e, Astra UK & Turksat
My Location
London, uk
Help Please!
Hi Chaps! I hope you are well and hope that I am posting in the right place.
3 satellites dishes have recently been installed in my apartment block: These are Turksat, Hotbird 13e, Astra ( & Sky). My receiver is a Technomate 5400ci. The reception I have is excellent ( between 89/Astra to 97/Hotbird).
I have patched the receiver with special Darkman patch! downloaded softcam keys via usb stick and all I can get is the fta channels. A long time ago I could open some French tv channels on France 4 with a TM1500ci.
My questions are are those still available? Do I need to buy a cam? If I buy a specific cam and enter codes from La---ls.com website will those tv channels open?
Many thanks for your help.