Advice Needed Motorized dish install in Bedfordshire area

Duke9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bedford
Does anyone know of any good motorized satellite installers in the Bedfordshire area?

I currently have a 90cm fixed dish and now looking to get a 1m-1.1m motorized dish setup.

Should I buy equipment separate or buy through the installation company?

A

archive10

You could try installing the dish yourself.
It's great fun as it is very manual, and analogue, and although sometimes frustrating, it can be very satisfying once it works.

Plus... Within the next 10 minutes or so @Mickha will habitually post a complete tune-your-motorised-dish instruction below in this thread, and it's really not that hard, it's just requires a little bit of dexterity etc.

On the other hands, if you are, eh, dexterously challenged, or derive no pleasure from sat dishes apart from watching the tv it receives, you can of course consider having a pro install it for you. But do get one that has been recommended, there are many half-wits with the "how-hard-can-it-be" department out there these days...

Duke9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bedford
I think I'll pass on doing it myself as its really not my thing and will be a bodged job!

Would rather just pay a good pro to do it. The installation company who done my current fixed dish years are no longer around. Also had a Google but couldn't find any who look like they know anything outside of normal Sky installs.