Moving house

J

Jim

What happens when one moves house, do Sky offer a reinstall service? Presumably I can do it myself if I want to?

Thanks

Jim

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Jim,

Yes I believe they do, its probably around £40 and provides you with a new minidish.

For that price its hardly worth doing it yourself, so you can leave your old dish where it is.

Rolf

ProDave

Reaction score
Website
homepages.tesco.net
My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Aug-02 AT 01:20 PM (GMT)]If you want to be cheeky, then cancel your sub just before leaving your old house.

then at the new house start a fresh subscription. You might need to use a different bank account, or your wife / partners name. Then you will get a new digibox and dish installed, and you get to keep your original digibox (and dish if you choose to take it with you). You can use the second digibox either for FTV, as a spare or for £12 can get a mirror of your main subscription.

If there's free kit available, take it!